carmudgeons.com  

Go Back   carmudgeons.com > Automotive Forums > Going Faster

Old 06-24-2005, 08:35 AM   #1
Pinecone
Carmudgeon

Skippy Barber Deal

Looking around the Skip Barber site I found they have a great deal going for gift certificates. You can save serious money by buying a gift certificate before the end of the month.

10% off several courses (mainly racing courses), even more off of others (mainly driving courses).

Gift certificate locks price for 1 year, but never actually expires. After 1 year, you have to pay the difference in the course price from certificate price to when you take it. CORRECTION: After 1 year the certificate becomes valued at face value for the course, NO DISCOUNTS APPLY AFTER 1 YEAR. So, if you buy the certifcate for the 2 day Driving course, the current normal price is $1295, the gift certificate is $1035. After 1 year you have to pay the difference between the $1035 and the price for the course at the time you take it. So if it goes up to $1395, you have to pay the $360 difference between the price of the certificate and the course price. So you don't loose any money, but if you wait too long, you lose the discount.

Prices here:

http://www.skipbarber.com/email/042705.asp

Mrs. Pinecone and I are going to do the 2 day Driving School (for her, but I HAVE to go along : ). And I am going to do the Car Control course. Not sure when we will attend, but at least will have better price. For us, the savings are over $700.
1995 Alpine E36 M3 LTW
1990 Red/White Spec Racer
Pinecone is offline   Reply With Quote