carmudgeons.com  

Go Back   carmudgeons.com > Automotive Forums > Car Talk > Perseverators Anonymous

Old 12-20-2017, 11:54 AM   #1
robg
Carmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemming View Post
probably going down the same rabbit hole as you.

I loved the Cayenne loaner I just had --but when I drove the E61 recently, that was a very level setting exercise because then I liked the new Cayenne significantly less.

I like the new 3 series wagon. it's HUGE.

does it have enough pep?
Ha - it actually feels a bit small/tight to us after driving the X3 for a while. We've gotten used to the higher seating position and airier cabin. Probably didn't help that the interior was all black.

Feels quick- at no point did I ever think it needed more power. Think it does 0-60 in about 5.7 seconds maybe. My old X3, however, feels a bit faster from a stop because the throttle response is a bit better (though in reality I think it's 0-60 is quoted at around 7 secs).

I sometimes kick around the idea of getting an e61 535 wagon, but it's a somewhat pointless exercise to me (if I want to drive an older out of warranty BMW i might as well just keep the one i have since i know the history).

If I could find a leftover 17 x3 35i in a decent spec, I'd likely do that- but they are pretty much impossible to find at this point.
robg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 01:33 PM   #2
SCA
Jaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by robg View Post
I could find a leftover 17 x3 35i in a decent spec, I'd likely do that- but they are pretty much impossible to find at this point.
Why not locate or even order a 2018? BTW, 2018 is last year of F15 production. It is quite easy to achieve 10 to 14 percent off MSRP via the right BMW Center. The savings on a leftover 2017 would have not been greater.
SCA is offline   Reply With Quote