PDA

View Full Version : My wife ordered an X3

ZBB
06-12-2006, 12:48 AM
Well, my wife has stopped perseverating...

The MINI turns 4 in July and we need something with a little more room. She's been looking at cars off and on for a few months. At first I thought she was going to go for an A3 2.0, but she felt a little cramped in it (headroom - she's 6' tall). She also looked at a Nissan Murano, but didn't like how it drove -- a bit sluggish off the line (probably the CVT). Came down in the end between a 325XiT and the X3. Went with the X3 because it leased out cheaper (even if it was 2k more comparably equipped), and one very close to how she would have speced it out will be at the dealer in a couple weeks (should be before Jul 4), instead of ~8 weeks if we ordered the Touring.

Here's the specs on the X3. I'm still not won over by the styling -- but its her car and she likes it. It does drive nice though. We got it for $1100 over invoice. The best part of the deal is that I can now say I've bought a car from James Bond!
- Black Saphire Metallic
- Sport Package
- Premium Package
- Heated Seats
- Privacy Glass
- Sat Prep
- Xenons
- Automatic

We still have the MINI. We'll put it up for sale in early July. In case anyone is interested, here are the specs:
- 2002 MINI Cooper S (July 02 Delivery)
- 42k miles (19k the first year, much less since)
- Chili Red w/ white bonnet stripes
- 17" wheels
- Sport Seats
- Leather ("Black" - its really a very dark charcoal grey)
- DSC
- Sun Roof
- Fog Lights
- Automatic Climate Control
- OBC
- Manual 6 speed (only way the S's came back then...)
- Tires have ~4k miles, were replaced last fall with Falcons non-runflats
- A few minor scratches and stone chips
- It has 1 cosmetic issue: My wife had an encounter with a 2x4 on a highway a while back -- it hit on the bumper, right in the drivers-side fog light. The light still works, but it cracked the bumper (an inch or so crack), and broke the plastic clips holding the fog light in, so it sits further back in the bumper. She never got around to fixing it -- estimate is ~$600 (new bumper, paint and install).
- Don't know what we'll ask for it yet. Edmunds Private Party is a little over $18k. Since it needs that one repair, we'll probably ask ~$17,500

Bruce330cic
06-12-2006, 01:32 AM
Very cool. I ordered an X3 in May. Was built last week. Should be here by mid July. I had had one as a loaner for a few days and really liked it. Decided to lease the X3 for the cost and I think it will be cool to have a change in car styles for while. My specs are:

Silver Grey
Terra interior
Sport
Premium
Aluminum Trim
Heated seats
Park Distance Control
Xenon
Premium Sound System
Sat radio prep
Privacy Glass

Let us know how you and she like it when it arrives!