PDA

View Full Version : Gave my car a complete detail today!

ayn
12-13-2003, 06:45 PM
The usual, haven't done this to my orient blue since I bought it about half a year ago. Dawn wash, Griot's #3, 2, and 3, car wash, IHG on hood, and a layer of BOS wax, all took less than 3 hours, not too bad...

I still see some fine swirl marks on the hood, I did the entire hood with #2 and it got better, but it's still visible at an angle, maybe I'm just too picky...

Pics in my gallery, click on my signature banner to get there...

oh yeah, the Griot's MF towels are damn nice!!

--Andrew

Rob
12-13-2003, 09:54 PM
How DO you people accomplish this so quickly? Very nice. If ob is anything like jet black, you are always going to see swirl marks when you look for them. Use the 25' test. Back up from the car by 25' and admire it. If you can spot something that isn't stunning from that distance, worry about it. Otherwise, don't lose sleep over it. This is the only trick that allowed me to keep my sanity when I owned a black car.

ZHPhil
12-13-2003, 10:31 PM
:needpic:

:mrgreen:

ayn
12-14-2003, 01:28 AM
:needpic:

:mrgreen:

got pics in my gallery (http://AndrewNg.com/modules.php?set_albumName=Cars_03_330Ci&op=modload&name=Gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php). :D

Doug
12-14-2003, 10:08 AM
Nice! When you went over the hood with #2 did you go back over it with #3? You always want to do that so your last pass is with the least abrasive. Your scratches may need #1 if they are still visible.

ayn
12-14-2003, 12:16 PM
Yes I did, I'll try #1 next time I detail the car, which will probably be next Spring...

--Andrew

Nice! When you went over the hood with #2 did you go back over it with #3? You always want to do that so your last pass is with the least abrasive. Your scratches may need #1 if they are still visible.