PDA

View Full Version : The Tire Mounting Saga Continues

bren
03-18-2004, 09:09 PM
So I am now on to my 3rd wheel shop to get a set of tires turned inside-out on the wheels.

The first shop was too inept to get the tires off the wheels, the second shop wanted WAY too much money to do the job, and now the third shop ran out of wheel weights....how does a tire shop run out of wheel weights? :rant:

Nick M3
03-18-2004, 09:52 PM
See, if you'd just taken them to Radial Tire, you'd be done now. :twisted:

And they would have done it for $40.

bren
03-18-2004, 09:55 PM
La, La, La.....I'm not listening :mad:

I just never thought I would have to travel out of state to get this done. Where exactly is Radial anyway?

Nick M3
03-18-2004, 09:56 PM

I just never thought I would have to travel out of state to get this done. Where exactly is Radial anyway?

Silver Spring. Probably about 30-40 minutes from you.

TD
03-18-2004, 10:00 PM
Honestly, Radial is simply excellent.

Their service and skill levels are so much higher than anywhere else and their prices (with CCA discount) beat Tirerack. I cannot see going anywhere else.

clyde
03-18-2004, 10:06 PM

I know where Bren lives. I know where Radial Tire lives. I don't think that Bren usually drives fast enough to make it in 40 minutes.

Anyway...I feel bad about this. Almost like it's partly my fault.

bren
03-18-2004, 10:13 PM

I know where Bren lives. I know where Radial Tire lives. I don't think that Bren usually drives fast enough to make it in 40 minutes.

Anyway...I feel bad about this. Almost like it's partly my fault.
Eh, it's not your fault that the local tire guys are morons.

And yeah, 40 min. might be pushing it...

Baltimore to Silver Spring

Total Est. Time: 1 hour, 19 minutes Total Est. Distance: 75.57 miles

:(

bren
03-18-2004, 10:28 PM
I just did a google search on Radial Tire...whoever Paul is he must be a very busy man. Every referral was to talk to him.

clyde
03-18-2004, 10:37 PM
I just did a google search on Radial Tire...whoever Paul is he must be a very busy man. Every referral was to talk to him.He's the owner. Knows his shit. He's a little high on Toyo because he is or wants to be the #1 Toyo dealer in the US, but other than that he's the one.

wdc330i
03-19-2004, 11:40 AM
Hey, I live near Silver Spring. Where is Radial Tire?

TD
03-19-2004, 11:49 AM
I'd have to do the following in order to give you specific directions as I don't remember the street names. So, instead, it's just as easy for you to do it. ;P

-Go to RadialTire.com to get their address.
-Drop their address into Mapquest.

It's off Georgia Ave just inside the Beltway.

wdc330i
03-19-2004, 11:58 AM
Thanks. Just found their Web site.

Wow. Right where I take my dog for his haircuts.

clyde
03-19-2004, 12:05 PM

If you ever go there (and you should, the next time you need tires or wheels), it's easy to recognize from the street. Just look for the long line of cars consisting of fancy ones and pathetic beaters...no average/normal type cars allowed.

TD
03-19-2004, 12:07 PM

If you ever go there (and you should, the next time you need tires or wheels), it's easy to recognize from the street. Just look for the long line of cars consisting of fancy ones and pathetic beaters...no average/normal type cars allowed.
Every local car club recommends them. So you get all of the enthusaist cars.

And you also seem to get the absolute beaters as well. That part I haven't figured out. Price maybe?

My wife noticed this entirely on her own the one time she went down there.

wdc330i
03-19-2004, 12:10 PM
Perfect. And I can't beat the proximity. That area is full of car repair places. I often see big rigs piled high with beaters. It's also a mecca for home contractors of every stripe.

clyde
03-19-2004, 01:00 PM
And you also seem to get the absolute beaters as well. That part I haven't figured out. Price maybe?

What do you mean "maybe?" :D

My wife noticed this entirely on her own the one time she went down there.

As did mine.

FT@SGP
03-19-2004, 04:49 PM
Just to be different :): I will suggest Kearneyracing.com.

I like them better than Radial Tire and may cut about 10-15 mins. of your drive (I don't know where you live). Kearney is near the FedEx field. You can call for John or Linda.

And they are also Mazda rotary engine experts, still have some of the old factory RX-7 race cars :) very cool place for car nuts.