PDA

View Full Version : This picture changed my mind

equ
02-06-2008, 11:18 AM
The newer generation looks better.. If it drives better than the previous one as claimed, well then, I'm sure it's a great car. With turbo pep (and non-RFT's) it's sure to make a fun little commuter. I can see how the rx-8 mileage would get on one's nerves (as did the s4 to me).

Congrats Plaz (and JST and all the others who will get one)!

My frustration is that this segment (that is so strongly populated in RoW) is so weak in the USA. If I happen to not like the interior, I have not much choice other than used hondas (the new Si is not a hatch so it doesn't count). As it is, the used Si is perfect for someone like my gf who is still in school, but a working stiff 'mudgeon who is used to blowing money on cars is left wanting. For those of you who are into the idea of a sub-$15k commuter, I cannot recommend the ep3 honda enough.

SARAFIL
02-06-2008, 03:44 PM
The newer generation looks better.. If it drives better than the previous one as claimed, well then, I'm sure it's a great car. With turbo pep (and non-RFT's) it's sure to make a fun little commuter. I can see how the rx-8 mileage would get on one's nerves (as did the s4 to me).

My frustration is that this segment (that is so strongly populated in RoW) is so weak in the USA. If I happen to not like the interior, I have not much choice other than used hondas (the new Si is not a hatch so it doesn't count). As it is, the used Si is perfect for someone like my gf who is still in school, but a working stiff 'mudgeon who is used to blowing money on cars is left wanting. For those of you who are into the idea of a sub-$15k commuter, I cannot recommend the ep3 honda enough.

:eek:

;) :D

Welcome to the club... so when can we expect a post from you that you'll be selling one of the cars to buy one? :eeps:

JST
02-06-2008, 03:53 PM

Yes, it is frustrating, although news that Saturn is perhaps bringing over the turbo Corsa is welcome, and the prospect of an Astra Red Line is very intriguing.

equ
02-06-2008, 04:25 PM
:eek:

;) :D

Welcome to the club... so when can we expect a post from you that you'll be selling one of the cars to buy one? :eeps:

Who knows? If I actually drove to work (rather than walk to a ferry and then think about cars while I'm on the boat), I can't see how I would do it with the xi. Even if I fix the right leg issue (which is yet to be seen), the car is good for long highway trips. Not buzzing about in traffic. Hey, I can talk myself into a mini in no time, I've done it for a few cars before. :eeps:

I'm in a :grouphug: mood.