SCA
Jaded

New Porsche Macan EV: your essential briefing on Porsche's first electric SUV

01-04-23 article https://www.carmagazine.co.uk/spy-sh...ibblio-related
SCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2023, 12:06 PM   #2
robg
Carmudgeon

Looks like they've decided to keep some hard switches on the lower console- which is great. I assume they'll function similarly to the dash mounted switches on the 992.

If I ever got one, I'd probably go for the base model (which will likely do 0-60 in the low 5s or something). The main issue I have w/ the base Macan now is that I dont want to feel or hear a 4 cylinder in a 60k+ car (and the amount of turbo/throttle lag on the base macan is unacceptable in any car imo). Probably 3 years away from a) these arriving in the US b) getting past first year teething issues c) having them readily available. Unfortunatley, I think the jury is still out on whether Porsche (and VAG as a whole) can develop decent software and UX with their in-house software division (CARIAD). Even several years into production, the Taycan still seems to have a fair amount of issues so hopefully they'll learn from those mistakes. And of course, any review of the new GTI or ID4 slams their new infotainment system. On a good note, it sounds like the new VW group CEO is well aware and is pushing for some changes internally.

I also hope they'll use their new clean sheet EV platform to make the interior a bit roomier and more usable but we'll see.
robg is offline   Reply With Quote