carmudgeons.com  

Go Back   carmudgeons.com > Automotive Forums > Car Talk > Perseverators Anonymous

Old 02-14-2023, 10:07 AM   #11
Nick M3
Relic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri Kennedy View Post
I have a Kreepstool to go with my Kreepster, although mine looks a bit different as the design has changed a bit over 20+ years.
I'm not really sure that they're still in business. :/
1995 M3 S50B32
1990 325is
1989 M3 S54B32

Hers:
1989 325iX
1996 911 Turbo

Nick M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2023, 09:02 PM   #12
Alan
Carmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick M3 View Post
Those are more for moving the car around. i don’t know that it will get it high enough to do much for you.
I received it and it is exactly what you said .. not enough height, it gave about 1” or possibly 2” though that might be stretching it.

Also part of the exposed part was covered in grease … like majorly covered in grease where you touch the thing to move it and you’ve got grease on your hands.

Anyway any suggestions would be appreciated, I will keep searching.
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2023, 09:05 AM   #13
FC
Solving problems

Carmudgeonly Ride: M5 / 718 GTS / Cooper S / GTI / LR4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
I received it and it is exactly what you said .. not enough height, it gave about 1” or possibly 2” though that might be stretching it.

Also part of the exposed part was covered in grease … like majorly covered in grease where you touch the thing to move it and you’ve got grease on your hands.

Anyway any suggestions would be appreciated, I will keep searching.
I'd be more ambitious because I am handy, but as a ghetto solution, I'd consider getting one of those rolling bike lifts I mentioned and on the top surface bolting down wheel chocks at either end facing each other. That would keep the wheel from rolling off.
FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2023, 09:10 AM   #14
dan
redefined

isn't it a bit late to mount winter tires?
Old 02-19-2023, 03:18 PM   #15
Alan
Carmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC View Post
I'd be more ambitious because I am handy, but as a ghetto solution, I'd consider getting one of those rolling bike lifts I mentioned and on the top surface bolting down wheel chocks at either end facing each other. That would keep the wheel from rolling off.
I think the Wheel chocks would have to be made adjustable being the wheels are difference Diameters front and rear on my car but that is a good idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan View Post
isn't it a bit late to mount winter tires?
It kinda is and isn't ...the extra set has All season tires so it would work well into April plus I really would like to see the car with the silver wheels ... I was actually going to have them powder coated Bronze but couldn't decide if it would look good or not.

Anyway I found a few solutions on my own as well as on the C8 Forum ...

https://www.liftwithtrac.com/products/trac-tire-jack
This looks good but seems a little expensive for a peice of metal with a wheel on it.

People have recommended this and it looks like I might go with it, I like how you can move the wheels around from the storage space in the garage to outside or where ever you want the wheel when doing the mounting. I always found it a pain in the a** to roll the wheels from my garage to the driveway ...
https://www.ebay.com/itm/16482655764...y09000b2800004

This is another option that others have said worked and the wheels that go under the car would clear it as opposed to the Harbor freight unit

Summit Racing™ Hydraulic Wheel Dollies SUM-918070
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...b8dc8c4737.jpg
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote