carmudgeons.com  

Go Back   carmudgeons.com > Automotive Forums > Car Talk

Old 10-27-2023, 08:22 AM   #1
SCA
Jaded

Today’s Service Loaner

2023 Boxster T in Python Green with 14XX mile. Hopefully my last service visit for the sport software update that I purchased online a year ago from Porsche of Silver Spring, aka GetPorscheParts. The individual memory for PCM which is part of the sport SW was not uploaded to the car during the last visit so it has returned. Truthfully I do not mind taking my car in for service when you get nice loaners, just saying…. This thing is fun! PDK though….

We just might make a run up to Smokies and US 129 (The Dragon) later this morning. . Rennsport Fall Rally begins up there today.

Edit: BTW, I am a huge fan of Python Green and if it was still available that is what my Carrera T would be spec’ed in.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4641.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	1.35 MB
ID:	16555  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4642.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	1.60 MB
ID:	16560  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4643.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	1.63 MB
ID:	16561  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4640.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	1.34 MB
ID:	16562  

Last edited by SCA; 10-27-2023 at 09:52 PM.
SCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2023, 08:26 AM   #2
lemming
Western Anomaly

Carmudgeonly Ride: White Orca
Very nice.

But holy gods is that expensive for a Boxster in T trim.

lemming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2023, 08:35 AM   #3
SCA
Jaded

I just noticed on the door jamb VIN sticker that is was produced in Germany on 11/22. So a year old next month.
Old 10-27-2023, 08:38 AM   #4
FC
Solving problems

Carmudgeonly Ride: M5 / 718 GTS / Cooper S / GTI / LR4
Sweet! Best loaner ever! Have fun!

PDK is an unfortunate cost adder. Nav is also expensive, but having driven through there hoping to communicate with you/SCA and having no reception, it may not be a bad idea.

Also, the BGTS is broken in and it's an unseasonably warm day, so I drove it to work top down. This car is so much freakin' fun.

The silver lining of the crazy tall 2nd gear is that in situations when you are maneuvering around slow pokes in the highway in mild traffic you don't even need to worry about shifting.

Also re: cost: I built my exact car yesterday (including PEC delivery), and it was more than $6k more. More than made up for any ADM I paid.
FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2023, 08:41 AM   #5
SCA
Jaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC View Post
Sweet! Best loaner ever! Have fun!

PDK is an unfortunate cost adder. Nav is also expensive, but having driven through there hoping to communicate with you/SCA and having no reception, it may not be a bad idea.

Also, the BGTS is broken in and it's an unseasonably warm day, so I drove it to work top down. This car is so much freakin' fun.

The silver lining of the crazy tall 2nd gear is that in situations when you are maneuvering around slow pokes in the highway in mild traffic you don't even need to worry about shifting.

FC, the loaded, manual Boxster S in chalk that I had last year was an absolute hoot! I was suppose to work from home that day, but ended up taking it off and put 60 to 70 miles on that car.

Congrats on making it past break-in!

About half-ways home I dropped the top on the Boxster T, turned on the heated seats and had the heat coming up off the floorboard. Supposed to be in the high 70s today, but currently in the 50s. Our warm temperatures are coming to an end after Sunday, going to be dreadfully cold next week.

For sure re that ADM. Allegedly more price increases are coming and soon. Hoping my car gets here prior to it happening. Guessing once it is built I should be okay?
Old 10-27-2023, 08:49 AM   #6
FC
Solving problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCA View Post
FC, the loaded, manual Boxster S in chalk that I had last year was an absolute hook! I was suppose to work from home that day, but ended up taking it off and put 60 to 70 miles on that car.

Congrats on making it past break-in!

About halfway home I dropped the top on the Boxster T, turned on the heated seats and had the heat coming up off the floorboard. Supposed to be in the high 70s today, but currently in the 50s. Our warm temperatures are coming to an end after Sunday, going to be dreadfully cold next week.

For sure re that ADM. Allegedly more price increases are coming and soon Hoping my car gets here prior to it happening. Guessing once it is built I should be okay.
Wow, you get good loaners!

It's a different car when you go to higher revs. That said, you don't need to to have fun. The car is pretty intense if you go all out. I made the "mistake" of asking my wife to come with me for a fun drive a few days ago. I simply could not open it up. She thought it was insane. She likes driving in it the way we drove it home - with a 4krpm cap. It's still fun, but it doesn't get your heart rate going nearly as much.

Next time, I'll tell her I need to warm it up first.

Last edited by FC; 10-27-2023 at 10:28 AM.
Old 10-27-2023, 09:24 AM   #7
lemming
Western Anomaly

Carmudgeonly Ride: White Orca
I was trying to read about the Boxster T but it looks like Porsche doesn’t make it anymore.

But typically the T models have PASM and a limited slip differential. Is that true for the 718 T?

lemming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2023, 09:42 AM   #8
JST

Yes, the T added the LSD, PASM (not otherwise available on the base cars), Sport Chrono, sport steering wheel, sport seats plus, and the 20” wheels.

A nice package to be sure but yeah the sticker on this one is pretty steep.

That’s an excellent color though. And I’m interested in your reactions to the base engine; I’ve never driven one (just the S).

FC, the howl the GTS engine gets when the exhaust opens up at 3500 rpm or so is both intoxicating and addictive. Have often caught myself leaving it in a lower gear just to keep that sound going.
JST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2023, 09:57 AM   #9
JST

FWIW, I just spec’d my car and it is now $8,000 more than I paid. Yikes.

Also, LOL at the personalized key colors costing $420. I actually bought a couple of different shells for the keys from Amazon for like $20 each. Now I can mix and match a little, but I sort of dig the silver.
JST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2023, 10:28 AM   #10
FC
Solving problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by JST View Post
FC, the howl the GTS engine gets when the exhaust opens up at 3500 rpm or so is both intoxicating and addictive. Have often caught myself leaving it in a lower gear just to keep that sound going.
Yes! I LOVE it.