carmudgeons.com  

Go Back   carmudgeons.com > Automotive Forums > The Marketplace

Old 08-07-2018, 07:26 AM   #31
clyde
Chief title editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JST View Post
Back a few years ago the offer they gave me on the E90 M3 was well above kbb, but I suspect that wouldn't necessarily be true of an older Porsche. And while yellow is a great color, it may make the car harder to retail.

On the other hand, they currently only have 4 Boxsters for sale nationwide, one of which is a 2009 S, so a) clearly they aren't scared of selling older Porsches, and b) maybe they'd give you a more aggressive price since they've got low stock.

If it's not too far a drive, it might be worth it just for giggles. Plus maybe they have some interesting stuff on the lot to look at while you're there.
Yes to all of that.

When I sold the 325xiT to them a few years ago, they gave me $1k more than they'd offered me for it a year earlier when it was a year less old, had fewer miles, a working a/c, less broken other stuff, and less rust.

Team WTF?!
What are you gonna do?
clyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 07:47 AM   #32
ff

Quote:
Originally Posted by JST View Post
maybe they'd give you a more aggressive price since they've got low stock.
Absolutely, as long as there's demand for the car. I suspect that since we're on the downhill slope of summer, convertible sales in the north are probably on the steep decline. Though given the dealership network Carmax has, and how easy it is to have them ship stock anywhere, that may not be as much of an issue. Convertible season for us in FL is fall through spring, so they may very well put that car directly onto the first truck headed for Florida.
ff is offline   Reply With Quote