carmudgeons.com  

Go Back   carmudgeons.com > Automotive Forums > Car Talk

Old 01-15-2024, 01:42 PM   #1
SCA
Jaded

All New Porsche Macan EV

It would appear that the embargo for the automotive press dropped at the end of last week. Many of them have driven production examples. There are several YouTube videos regarding it as well. World debut is on January 25, 2024.

Car & Driver: 2024 Porsche Macan EV Prototype Range Preview ~ We have a go in a preproduction version of the electric Macan to get an idea of its range potential. https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...range-preview/

Anyways… so far I like the exterior design. I will reserve judgment until I see one in person.
SCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2024, 01:52 PM   #2
JST

I can imagine buying one to replace the X5, depending on how quickly they get the charging network sorted
JST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2024, 01:59 PM   #3
SCA
Jaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by JST View Post
I can imagine buying one to replace the X5, depending on how quickly they get the charging network sorted
I told my Porsche technician friend last night at dinner if they would put ICE it in I would buy it. I still need an SUV just not one as large as an X5 as my former one proved that it is more than I needed. The next gen X3 coming late summer might fill the void and with ICE albeit via 48v.

Edit: Speaking of the next generation X3 this was just posted two hours ago. https://carbuzz.com/news/new-bmw-x3-...n-german-roads

Last edited by SCA; 01-15-2024 at 11:57 PM.
Old 01-15-2024, 11:48 PM   #4
SCA
Jaded

The interior of the all new Macan EV. Shocker… it resembles a Taycan or better yet the recently facelifted Cayenne. Further proof that this (all digital cluster) will happen to the 992.2 as well. It will be interesting to see if 992.2 gets the optional passenger screen.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	View recent photos.jpeg
Views:	84
Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	16922  

Last edited by SCA; 01-16-2024 at 01:53 PM.
Old 01-16-2024, 03:47 PM   #5
robg
Carmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCA View Post
I told my Porsche technician friend last night at dinner if they would put ICE it in I would buy it. I still need an SUV just not one as large as an X5 as my former one proved that it is more than I needed. The next gen X3 coming late summer might fill the void and with ICE albeit via 48v.

Edit: Speaking of the next generation X3 this was just posted two hours ago. https://carbuzz.com/news/new-bmw-x3-...n-german-roads
So why not buy a current Macan with the ICE then? What would be appealing to you about the upcoming Macan EV with an ICE instead vs the current ICE Macan?
robg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2024, 04:02 PM   #6
Jeff_DML
Old Fart

Carmudgeonly Ride: T4R,GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by robg View Post
So why not buy a current Macan with the ICE then? What would be appealing to you about the upcoming Macan EV with an ICE instead vs the current ICE Macan?
yeah, I thought they are going continue producing the ICE along with E for awhile.
Jeff_DML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2024, 07:01 PM   #7
SCA
Jaded

Quote:
I have had several as loaners, I do not care for the current design. Plus the design is exceptionally long in the tooth even with its minor facelifts.
Old 01-16-2024, 07:11 PM   #8
robg
Carmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCA View Post
I have had several as loaners, I do not care for the current design. Plus the design is exceptionally long in the tooth even with its minor facelifts.
Ah ok. I guess I'm kind of indifferent design-wise to both of them. They are both fine, nothing terrible or great. I guess thats how I feel about the Cayenne in terms of design too. Its fine.
robg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2024, 08:17 AM   #9
ZBB
Relic

Carmudgeonly Ride: A very fast golf cart
Quote:
Originally Posted by JST View Post
Should be 2025. But I bet this will have an NACS adapter to start...

https://media.vw.com/en-us/releases/1774
Old 01-17-2024, 03:27 PM   #10
lemming
Western Anomaly

Carmudgeonly Ride: White Orca
Quote:
Ah ok. I guess I'm kind of indifferent design-wise to both of them. They are both fine, nothing terrible or great. I guess thats how I feel about the Cayenne in terms of design too. Its fine.
Have to agree. The styling of either is meh.

Either surprise me though with driving dynamics. Kudos to Porsche engineers.

I really like Macan EV styling.

lemming is online now   Reply With Quote