carmudgeons.com  

Go Back   carmudgeons.com > Automotive Forums > Car Talk > Perseverators Anonymous

Old 09-29-2019, 12:49 PM   #71
John V
No more BMWs

Carmudgeonly Ride: Ram, MS3, CX-5, RX-8
Wait, she had this thing for less than two years and hardly drove it and you're getting her another car?
John V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 02:26 PM   #72
kognito
older fart than ZBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by AF View Post
Just checked out this thread and it’s a year later, this car is now in upstate NY and will be going back to Audi in January or February ... kinda crazy because it’s up to only 8,000 miles ... whoever gets this car after is one lucky person ... if only I could convince my daughter we should keep it though she wants the Q5 so we will see what happens
You need to do some math on your A6. Look at what your residual is, and what low mileage A6's go for in your area.

You might be able to make a quick couple of grand or more.

I still have a few months on my GMC 1500 lease, but it too is low miles. Right now similar equipped GMC's are selling for 35K (with my mileage) and my residual is only 25K My data will change with a new model year, but I'm still keeping a close eye on it.
Old 09-30-2019, 11:06 AM   #73
Alan
Carmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by John V View Post
Wait, she had this thing for less than two years and hardly drove it and you're getting her another car?
No this is an old thread from last year ... I just got nostalgic and was looking at the pictures from last year and decided to post a quick update.

Luckily I didn’t get her the Jeep because she ended up not liking Florida and is now going to a school in upstate NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kognito View Post
You need to do some math on your A6. Look at what your residual is, and what low mileage A6's go for in your area.

You might be able to make a quick couple of grand or more.

I still have a few months on my GMC 1500 lease, but it too is low miles. Right now similar equipped GMC's are selling for 35K (with my mileage) and my residual is only 25K My data will change with a new model year, but I'm still keeping a close eye on it.
You might do really well if you buy it out and resell it or maybe just keep it being the buy out is so reasonable and your miles are low.

In regards to our car it is a 2018 A4 though all Audi’s look the same so I get mistaking it for the A6 I used to do the same when I had the A6 and in the morning I would try to get in my car and it was the wrong Audi.

It was only a 2 year lease and I think the buyout is $32k which isn’t bad considering the car had an msrp close to $50k. Meanwhile she wants an SUV so most likely i’ll just give it back and will get the Q5.
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 11:13 AM   #74
Alan
Carmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ff View Post
Is your daughter back at FL Southern? If so, how does she like it? My youngest did their lacrosse camp this summer and she loved it. Coach Reber runs a very good women lacrosse program, and so it's on my daughter's early list of colleges that she'll be looking at.
It was a nice school but she just didn’t feel comfortable there, it was also a very quiet mellow school which is a nice thing but the vibe is very different then NY, the price btw was really good but like I had mentioned above she now goes to a SUNY school in upstate NY and is really happy there. I think it might be just being far from home and having to take flights back and forth also added to it. Now it’s just hop in your car and drive home plus she is with a lot of Long Islanders now so it makes her feel more at home.

Last edited by Alan; 09-30-2019 at 12:57 PM.
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 04:47 PM   #75
ff

Glad that she found a school she feels comfortable at. That's very important
ff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 08:45 PM   #76
wdc330i
dogged

Carmudgeonly Ride: '22 M440 xDrive GC
Quote:
Originally Posted by AF View Post
It was a nice school but she just didn’t feel comfortable there, it was also a very quiet mellow school which is a nice thing but the vibe is very different then NY, the price btw was really good but like I had mentioned above she now goes to a SUNY school in upstate NY and is really happy there. I think it might be just being far from home and having to take flights back and forth also added to it. Now it’s just hop in your car and drive home plus she is with a lot of Long Islanders now so it makes her feel more at home.
New Paltz?
wdc330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 04:40 PM   #77
Alan
Carmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ff View Post
Glad that she found a school she feels comfortable at. That's very important
Thanks ... we are happy for her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdc330i View Post
New Paltz?