carmudgeons.com  

Go Back   carmudgeons.com > Automotive Forums > Car Talk > Perseverators Anonymous

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-26-2018, 04:40 PM   #11
rumatt
Mugwump

Carmudgeonly Ride: E46 330i, Chevy Colorado, Tesla Model 3
A coworker got a model-3 (non performance) and wrote this as part of his review on an internal forum.

I didn't know driving them through walls was a problem.

Quote:
The car really is many different cars. I can change it so that it goes into "chill" mode. I recommend someone when they first starts driving use that. It kills the instant acceleration that I mentioned is so exciting. But every time I get in and out of a parking space, I'm afraid I'm going to press the pedal just a bit too hard and suddenly ram into something. I haven't yet. Maybe sometime I'll get more confident that I won't slip up. But there are stories of people hitting their garage etc. and blaming the auto-pilot when they were to blame. Blaming the auto-pilot is wrong, but I can understand why with this car people might hit buildings more so than others. "Chill" mode makes sense. But I suspect getting used to chill and not-chill mode is hard.
rumatt is offline   Reply With Quote