carmudgeons.com  

Go Back   carmudgeons.com > Automotive Forums > Car Talk > Perseverators Anonymous

Old Today, 01:13 PM   #6041
SCA
Jaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemming View Post
That’s super cool. Well done.

I wonder if they opened up these bonus allocations because the 992.2s are delayed and they dont want the factory floor to sit idle when they know they can keep printing money?

Anyway, who cares. Getting the last of the 992.1 run is great.

When i looked at the dates on mine, it was March 3rd build and April 26th at the dealer. Stuff can happen fast when everything is working and no parts are constrained!

The T’s elevator pic was taken towards the end of the first week of November. Then it was delayed for 19 production days. Zuffenhausen production does not run on Saturdays and Sundays, only Monday through Friday. Production was completed just before the end of November. It got on a ship during the first week of December and was in Jacksonville by the first week on January.

I would guess since you are on the left coast it probably adds another 10 to 14 days to get to California?

Edit: I deleted the extended tank this build. It is an overkill, at least for me.

Edit 2: I am considering adding the full body colored mirrors like your latest build. I am curious as to your thoughts once you have physically placed eyes on the car.

Last edited by SCA; Today at 03:01 PM.
SCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:20 PM   #6042
lemming
Western Anomaly

Carmudgeonly Ride: White Orca
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCA View Post
The T’s elevator pic was taken towards the end of the first week of November. Then it was delayed for 19 production days. Zuffenhausen production does not run on Saturdays and Sundays, only Monday through Friday. Production was completed just before the end of November. It got on a ship during the first week of December and was in Jacksonville by the first week on January.

I would guess since you are on the left coast it probably adds another 10 to 14 days to get to California?

Edit: I deleted the extended tank this build. It is an overkill, at least for me.

Edit 2: I am considering adding the full body colored mirrors like your latest build. I am curious as to your thoughts once you have physically places eyes on the car.
Ha ha ha. Yes. Getting through the Panama Canal took forever. When i looked at the maritime boat tracker there was a huge pileup to get through the isthmus.

I think the range of the 3.0 litre flat six is pretty amazing. Like 600+ miles with the extended range. Prob overkill.

I haven’t seen the car yet in person. Sorry. Not allowed to see it until delivery at PECLA.

To dan’s question, I feel like there was some restraint? No front axle lift? Not the most expensive PDLS lights? No PTS (it wasn’t available but if it was, i would have opted for it).

Anyway. I’m gambling a little and could lose like I usually do. My gamble is that this is the last chance to get a manual in the 911 Carrera S. So i tried to make it a special keep it forever car.

lemming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:58 PM   #6043
SCA
Jaded

Quote:
Ha ha ha. Yes. Getting through the Panama Canal took forever. When i looked at the maritime boat tracker there was a huge pileup to get through the isthmus.

I think the range of the 3.0 litre flat six is pretty amazing. Like 600+ miles with the extended range. Prob overkill.

I haven’t seen the car yet in person. Sorry. Not allowed to see it until delivery at PECLA.

To dan’s question, I feel like there was some restraint? No front axle lift? Not the most expensive PDLS lights? No PTS (it wasn’t available but if it was, i would have opted for it).

Anyway. I’m gambling a little and could lose like I usually do. My gamble is that this is the last chance to get a manual in the 911 Carrera S. So i tried to make it a special keep it forever car.

The 3.0 in the T gets great gas mileage. A full extended range tank is 435+ miles. Obviously varies per your right foot MPGs.

I ordered the LED matrix headlights this time around. I could not justify the price on a T, but I can on an S. The interior is better appointed as well. More luxurious this time.

If the 992.2 S does in fact get 48v I am not all that hopeful that it will receive a manual transmission option. My SA with 42 years of Porsche experience agrees. Allegedly the .2 S will not be arriving anytime soon as well. Supposedly the base C2 and the GTS will launch first in the U.S.
Old Today, 05:16 PM   #6044
lemming
Western Anomaly

Carmudgeonly Ride: White Orca
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCA View Post
The 3.0 in the T gets great gas mileage. A full extended range tank is 435+ miles. Obviously varies per your right foot MPGs.

I ordered the LED matrix headlights this time around. I could not justify the price on a T, but I can on an S. The interior is better appointed as well. More luxurious this time.

If the 992.2 S does in fact get 48v I am not all that hopeful that it will receive a manual transmission option. My SA with 42 years of Porsche experience agrees. Allegedly the .2 S will not be arriving anytime soon as well. Supposedly the base C2 and the GTS will launch first in the U.S.
Do you know or have easy access to product mix for 911 in terms of sales?

For example, does base 911 make up 50% of total sales?

lemming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:58 PM   #6045
SCA
Jaded

Quote:
Do you know or have easy access to product mix for 911 in terms of sales?

For example, does base 911 make up 50% of total sales?

Sorry I do not. From what I have witnessed a 992 GTS is the most difficult non-GT 911 to acquire, followed by a S, and then the base. Of course every market is different so that only applies in my local market.