carmudgeons.com  

Go Back   carmudgeons.com > Automotive Forums > Car Talk > Perseverators Anonymous

Old 03-07-2022, 03:51 PM   #91
Alan
Carmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh (PA) View Post
Looks good. If you want to code out things like auto start stop always being on
Do you think this can be coded out on WDC's car ? There is no auto start/stop button so I am wondering if it is even an option.

Also Wdc, I don't know if you know this or not but I figured I would throw this out there, the programable buttons can be used for some cool features, I have one of mine set to the Cool/Heat that used to be a turn knob so instead of having to go through the menu's to get to it, it is right there, also have a button for the driver recorder but if you can also push down the button that look's like camera's and hold it down and it will start the recording.
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 03:52 PM   #92
wdc330i
dogged

Carmudgeonly Ride: '22 M440 xDrive GC
Quote:
I was thinking the same thing. They look like the 22s that came on my X5. I promptly sold them before my wife had a chance to curb them.
So, true. I intentIonally downsized my E46 M3 from 19-inch wheels to 17s, because the ride was so terrible on them.

And I would not have ordered these wheels, but they look great and the ride/handling is terrific--even over-inflated by the dealer...
wdc330i is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 03:57 PM   #93
wdc330i
dogged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
Do you think this can be coded out on WDC's car ? There is no auto start/stop button so I am wondering if it is even an option.

Also Wdc, I don't know if you know this or not but I figured I would throw this out there, the programable buttons can be used for some cool features, I have one of mine set to the Cool/Heat that used to be a turn knob so instead of having to go through the menu's to get to it, it is right there, also have a button for the driver recorder but if you can also push down the button that look's like camera's and hold it down and it will start the recording.
Nice! I did not know that about the buttons. I still have to RTFM, LOL.

And I really don't care about disabling auto start/stop while in Comfort, it is so much improved. If I want to avoid it entirely, all I have to do is switch to Sport mode. That disables as a matter of course.
Old 03-07-2022, 04:06 PM   #94
SCA
Jaded

Quote:
Do you think this can be coded out on WDC's car ? There is no auto start/stop button so I am wondering if it is even an option..
Yes, it can be coded out, no button necessary as the module is still there.
SCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 04:26 PM   #95
Josh (PA)
Hello.

Carmudgeonly Ride: '09 X3, '11 328xiT, '11 135i C, '17 c2, '19 X5
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdc330i View Post
So, true. I intentIonally downsized my E46 M3 from 19-inch wheels to 17s, because the ride was so terrible on them.

And I would not have ordered these wheels, but they look great and the ride/handling is terrific--even over-inflated by the dealer...
Check your I-Drive for proper inflation pressure. I've been surprised to see both the Mercedes and the X5 are calling for ~41psi as standard inflation now. I checked the tire pressure on the x5 snows when I had them mounted and saw 40+ and freaked out. I lowered them to 36 and promptly got a TPMS warning. The new system now recommends tire pressure base on wheel size, tire type, etc.
'11 135i Convertible
'11 328xiT
'09 X3
Josh (PA) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 05:18 PM   #96
ZBB
Relic

Carmudgeonly Ride: A very fast golf cart
Quote:
Check your I-Drive for proper inflation pressure. I've been surprised to see both the Mercedes and the X5 are calling for ~41psi as standard inflation now. I checked the tire pressure on the x5 snows when I had them mounted and saw 40+ and freaked out. I lowered them to 36 and promptly got a TPMS warning. The new system now recommends tire pressure base on wheel size, tire type, etc.
Higher PSI can improve mileage. Lots of cats now recommend 40+. Tesla recommends 42 .
Old 03-07-2022, 05:38 PM   #97
Alan
Carmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdc330i View Post
Nice! I did not know that about the buttons. I still have to RTFM, LOL.

And I really don't care about disabling auto start/stop while in Comfort, it is so much improved. If I want to avoid it entirely, all I have to do is switch to Sport mode. That disables as a matter of course.
I found watching the video's on the idrive system really shows how the cool features of the car works

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCA View Post
Yes, it can be coded out, no button necessary as the module is still there.
Do you have a link to this module ? Can using it hurt the warranty ?
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 05:45 PM   #98
wdc330i
dogged

Quote:
Mine are at about 50 psi Maybe that's the secret to the gas mileage I've been getting...
Old 03-07-2022, 05:51 PM   #99
SCA
Jaded

Quote:
Do you have a link to this module ? Can using it hurt the warranty ?
No and that is BMW’s discretion, but impossible to prove if reversed. Coding it permanently off is not going to create any issues. Even though my X5 has the button I have coded it to be off permanently. The two BMW Centers I use could careless. FYI, BimmerCode creates a backup prior to coding.
SCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 05:53 PM   #100
wdc330i
dogged

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCA View Post
Yikes, generally that is what they are inflated to for the boat ride over.
Yep. That is max inflation. Even the app says they should be about 10 lbs lower.