carmudgeons.com  

Go Back   carmudgeons.com > Automotive Forums > Car Talk

Old 10-29-2020, 11:22 PM   #31
clyde
Chief title editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMR View Post
The color of the car in this video and all of the release photos makes it seem like a fungus. I think it would do Nissan better to show the car in that old Datsun Racing Green.

https://www.hagerty.com/media/buying...d-record-310k/
In fairness, I’m pretty indifferent to the 400. I don’t hunk it’s ugly, but don’t find it very attractive. More forgettable than anything. If it was available now with price/performance in the range I’m looking for, I’d be thinking about it.

Whenever I hear/read “it’s growing on me,” my reaction is always, “like a fungus.” I usually contain the reaction within my skull.

Team WTF?!
What are you gonna do?
clyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 11:38 PM   #32
JST

Quote:
Originally Posted by clyde View Post
In fairness, I’m pretty indifferent to the 400. I don’t hunk it’s ugly, but don’t find it very attractive. More forgettable than anything. If it was available now with price/performance in the range I’m looking for, I’d be thinking about it.

Whenever I hear/read “it’s growing on me,” my reaction is always, “like a fungus.” I usually contain the reaction within my skull.
The 400Z seems...fine? It seems like a mild refresh of the 370, which I guess it is. It's better than the 370 but not as good as the early 90s 300, but it's basically a facelift and a new engine, so it's hard to understand all the hype.
JST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 09:35 AM   #33
Theo
Crazy Old Man

Carmudgeonly Ride: M2C Stick
If they fix that god awful tonka toy interior of the 350/370 they will win 50% of the battle.
Old 08-18-2021, 12:41 PM   #34
JST

Production pics and specs announced last night. Honestly, it's hard to argue with any of this; looks extremely well specc'd, particularly since it sounds like the starting price is going to be c. 40K.

https://www.motorauthority.com/news/...ew-info-photos
JST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 12:50 PM   #35
Jeff_DML
Old Fart

Carmudgeonly Ride: T4R,GTI
yes looks pretty nice. Even the interior looks nice especially for a Nissan.

For me, not sure if I want a small 2 seater anymore
Jeff_DML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 01:08 PM   #36
FC
Solving problems

Carmudgeonly Ride: M5 / 718 GTS / Cooper S / GTI / LR4
Love the interior. The blue is crazy, but I like the layout. The exterior looks better in that darker color as well. A convertible not weighing >3600lbs would entice me.
FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 01:17 PM   #37
clyde
Chief title editor

I'm still not finding myself having much reaction to it. It's weird. It's like it's the Camry appliance of performance cars.

Team WTF?!
What are you gonna do?
clyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 01:30 PM   #38
Biggins
Crotchety

Carmudgeonly Ride: 22 Tiguan, 11 328i
I like it. There are quite a few other options in front of the new Z for me.
Biggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 02:08 PM   #39
John V
No more BMWs

Carmudgeonly Ride: Ram, MS3, CX-5, RX-8
If it's like every other Nissan ever produced, the smart play will be to wait a couple years and buy the one you want fully depreciated.

I don't dislike it, but at the same time I don't have much emotional reaction to it. Every time I see a Z32 TT I am immediately transported back to the early 90's - that car and the FD RX-7 TT are the two cars that made a tremendous impression on my young car-obsessed mind. Nothing since has really come close. Certainly this will be a better car than those two dinosaurs in every objective measure, but cars aren't really about objective measures.
John V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 06:50 PM   #40
lemming
Western Anomaly

Carmudgeonly Ride: White Orca
Quote:
Originally Posted by John V View Post
If it's like every other Nissan ever produced, the smart play will be to wait a couple years and buy the one you want fully depreciated.

I don't dislike it, but at the same time I don't have much emotional reaction to it. Every time I see a Z32 TT I am immediately transported back to the early 90's - that car and the FD RX-7 TT are the two cars that made a tremendous impression on my young car-obsessed mind. Nothing since has really come close. Certainly this will be a better car than those two dinosaurs in every objective measure, but cars aren't really about objective measures.
Agree with you and Clyde. Feels sterile to me. But more cohesive than the GR Supra, though.

I don’t trust Nissan to make a non-grumbly V6. They’re usually table saws.

lemming is offline   Reply With Quote