carmudgeons.com  

Go Back   carmudgeons.com > Automotive Forums > Car Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-30-2006, 07:17 PM   #1
mark07
Realist

Carmudgeonly Ride: 1996 328i Sport Pkg
Somebody I know is "modding" his E36...poorly

Ok so someone from school bought a 1998 328IS automatic from a car auction. He obviously bought it for the name because he knows NOTHING about it all. When he got it he told me about the "sweet V6" it had in it.

So I was talking to him today and he told me about his "mods" he is doing to his car.

First off is his Black with chrome lip 19 inch wheels. That he's getting for $600 or something like that. Yeah, those are high quality and won't bend at the smallest of potholes.

Then he told me about his HIDs that he got from PepBoys. Not only are they illegal if they aren't from the factory (I think, correct me if I'm wrong,) but they definitely aren't made for the E36 headlight enclosure.

He's also getting a "race exhaust" from Midas tomorrow. Apparently it's going to add 15-20 horses. Oh, just like that M3 badge you have too, right?

Oh and not to mention the fact that he's getting a replica E46 M3 bumper because his is cracked.

I know it really isn't my business, and to each his own, but the E36 is perfectly fine stock or even with tasteful or actual performance mods. But he definitely doesn't appreciate his BMW for what it really is.

Sorry, I just had to rant.
mark07 is offline   Reply With Quote