carmudgeons.com  

Go Back   carmudgeons.com > Automotive Forums > Car Talk > Perseverators Anonymous

Old 09-15-2018, 10:34 AM   #651
rumatt
Mugwump

Carmudgeonly Ride: E46 330i, Chevy Colorado, Tesla Model 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by equ View Post
I meant it as a joke...
I figured as much and laughed....

I was undecided on both EAP and PUP. Friday in a moment of weakness I added both to my order just to see how I felt about it. This morning I logged in and my edit button is gone, so I guess I'm getting them both. Decision made for me.

Logically I wanted the ability to run the aero wheels and the 15% extended range. But damn they are ugly as fuck. I really hate the way they look, so I don't know how often I'd actually have them on the car anyway. And now I have the option of the track package, although I doubt I'll get it if they charge extra.

I'm going to have to shop for some wheels now though. I really liked the way the 20's drove during the test drive but I cant' imagine they're the right balance for me. I really liked the OEM 19's with the gray paint and people are selling them off occasionally in the forums so I'll probably do that. ZBB, want to trade?

These are the only 18's I know of that fit over the brakes. They had a package with Conti DWS all seasons on sale a whlie back but I missed. it. I don't need real snows... that's what the truck is for.

Last edited by rumatt; 09-15-2018 at 10:44 AM.
rumatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 10:54 AM   #652
equ
Alphanumeric

Carmudgeonly Ride: 981S, 340i
In for a penny, in for a pound...

Well if you don't have EAP you close off some future options, so that would have annoyed me and I'd *have* to get it. And PUP, I was always for it. I guess that gets up to the mid/high-70's before the credits. You're still ahead of Sept 16.

Now that it's blue and you've spec'ced it well, keep it nice for me! The only change I would have made is white seats, not a dealbreaker.
equ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 11:37 AM   #653
rumatt
Mugwump

EAP can be added after. It's just a software update. But they charge an extra $1k after purchase.

It's the darker gray (MSM), not blue.

And yeah, the car is way more expensive than I wanted. If I love it, I'll be OK with it. If I don't love it, the dent in the wallet is going to hurt. A lot.
Old 09-15-2018, 11:42 AM   #654
ZBB
Relic

Carmudgeonly Ride: A very fast golf cart
Nah… I don't want to trade. I really like the look of both the 19's and 20's, but the 19's are low enough profile for me. They are noticeably lower profile than the 19's on the S.

And I agree, the 18's with the aero covers on really are uglier than fuck… They look good with the covers off though -- the guy that works for me took his off and got the Tesla hub covers…

Congrats on the "forced" upgrade -- looks like you waffled long enough and they took that option away from you!

I don't think I ever had an edit button (at least not after the first day or two)...
Old 09-15-2018, 12:59 PM   #655
ZBB
Relic

Carmudgeonly Ride: A very fast golf cart
Josh & rumatt -
I mentioned in my Model S closeout post that I use TeslaFi to log my S. I also started logging the Model 3 as of the first evening.

If you want to try it out, TeslaFi has a refer friend, which doubles your trial period from 2 weeks to 1 month. My referral code is ZBB-3
Old 09-15-2018, 01:07 PM   #656
rumatt
Mugwump

Cool, thanks. What's it cost once the trial is over?

I was thinking of getting it, not for the logging, but for the remote control ability.
Old 09-15-2018, 06:59 PM   #657
Plaz
•••••••

Carmudgeonly Ride: '11 1M
Just saw those aero wheel covers for the first time IRL. Good lord they are not attractive.
Old 09-15-2018, 07:48 PM   #658
rumatt
Mugwump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plaz View Post
Just saw those aero wheel covers for the first time IRL. Good lord they are not attractive.
They're awful. I think they're least awful on the black cars. They're truly horrific on the gray.

15% additional range is legit though.
Old 09-15-2018, 08:10 PM   #659
JST

How real is that 15 percent number?
JST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 09:11 PM   #660
rumatt
Mugwump

Quote:
Originally Posted by JST View Post
How real is that 15 percent number?
Some people on the internet said it. Seems legit to me.

Not really sure, but a few people did say they reproduced it.