carmudgeons.com  

Go Back   carmudgeons.com > Automotive Forums > Car Talk > Perseverators Anonymous

Old 02-26-2018, 02:15 PM   #81
equ
Alphanumeric

Carmudgeonly Ride: 981S, 340i
I strongly recommend a lap of the 'Ring - even in a rental car if - for some reason - you are not comfortable putting your new baby on the track. I went with a rented 4-cyl manual e82 1er from Sixt, and still it was very memorable. A mildly rainy midweek evening, not too busy, let it go!!!
equ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 07:08 PM   #82
FC
Solving problems

Carmudgeonly Ride: M5 / 718 GTS / Cooper S / GTI / LR4
Well, I am now resigned to likelihood that I will not get the M3. It appears that there are no new allocations being handed out. I was 1st in line at my dealership (not small) and for March they got zero M3's. I hear of many other dealers going though the same thing.

I'm hoping to get one in April (I'll find out this week), but if I don't, that will likely be it. May is pretty late for early July delivery and by all accounts production is winding down.

Oh well. If that's the case, I'll just wait until the end of the year to evaluate what to do.

Perhaps an M2 sedan if it ever happens? Maybe a used 2018 M3? If we don't keep the eGolf, I may just get a GTI next year. That's all I really need. Perhaps upgrade the Miata with a Boxster instead? We'll see.
FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 08:34 PM   #83
kognito
older fart than ZBB

Nothing was said about dates, but on last weeks Top Gear the end of the M3 run was mentioned
Old 04-01-2018, 09:56 PM   #84
FC
Solving problems

Carmudgeonly Ride: M5 / 718 GTS / Cooper S / GTI / LR4
I had heard rumors about May/June but a few top dealers were denying those saying production was through October. It is what it is.

I was already buying it the better part of a year too soon. That ended up still being to late, so clearly it wasn’t meant to be.
FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 08:42 AM   #85
lemming
Western Anomaly

Carmudgeonly Ride: White Orca
bummer.

lemming is offline   Reply With Quote