carmudgeons.com  

Go Back   carmudgeons.com > Automotive Forums > Technical Superiority

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2022, 09:22 AM   #31
Nick M3
Relic
 
Nick M3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Bethesda, MD
Posts: 11,847
I just use the underhood charging points. Very easy access, except on the E30 M3.
__________________
2011 M3
2006 Sierra 2500HD 4WD LBZ/Allison
2004 X5 3.0i 6MT
1995 M3 S50B32
1990 325is
1989 M3 S54B32

Hers:
1989 325iX
1996 911 Turbo


Nick M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 09:42 AM   #32
SCA
Jaded
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 6,873
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick M3 View Post
I just use the underhood charging points. Very easy access, except on the E30 M3.
I do they same… with exception of the 911 where I connect directly to the battery.

Edit: The current Interstate battery from Costco in the Z3 is seven years old so I am probably teetering on the line of replacement? It has always been kept on CTEK battery tendered when not in use so we will see with Spring approaching.
SCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 08:22 AM   #33
wdc330i
dogged
 
wdc330i's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Carmudgeonly Ride: '22 M440i GC
Posts: 11,636
Quote:
Originally Posted by equ View Post
I love the CTEK 4.3. Highly recommend.
Just ordered the latest version of this. I am still limping along on this battery and need to get through this week and the next. I may then lend it to the ex, who will likely encounter the same issue with her Porsche of the same vintage (which she drives even less often.)
wdc330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 09:34 PM   #34
SCA
Jaded
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 6,873
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdc330i View Post
Just ordered the latest version of this. I am still limping along on this battery and need to get through this week and the next. I may then lend it to the ex, who will likely encounter the same issue with her Porsche of the same vintage (which she drives even less often.)
Order the attached one? I have several of the 4.3, good unit. The newer 5.0 has some subtle updates. https://smartercharger.com/collectio...s/ctek-mxs-5-0
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3F0B152F-6341-4836-AFA1-5680AD7A2D2E.jpeg
Views:	86
Size:	1.16 MB
ID:	14333  
SCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 10:49 PM   #35
wdc330i
dogged
 
wdc330i's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Carmudgeonly Ride: '22 M440i GC
Posts: 11,636
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCA View Post
Order the attached one? I have several of the 4.3, good unit. The newer 5.0 has some subtle updates. https://smartercharger.com/collectio...s/ctek-mxs-5-0
Yes. I ordered the first one. And, interesting.
wdc330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2022, 10:02 AM   #36
Nick M3
Relic
 
Nick M3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Bethesda, MD
Posts: 11,847
FYI, Prime Day Deals on NOCO today.
__________________
2011 M3
2006 Sierra 2500HD 4WD LBZ/Allison
2004 X5 3.0i 6MT
1995 M3 S50B32
1990 325is
1989 M3 S54B32

Hers:
1989 325iX
1996 911 Turbo


Nick M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Aging tires wdc330i Car Talk 16 06-03-2011 05:26 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Forums 2003-2008, 'Mudgeon Enterprises - Site hosting by AYN & Associates, LLC