carmudgeons.com  

Go Back   carmudgeons.com > Automotive Forums > Car Talk

Old 04-12-2006, 07:29 PM   #11
lupinsea
Jeeped

Carmudgeonly Ride: Modified Jeep Tj and '07 Miata
Then get one!

Don't quote me but I hear rumors about a Hemi being available in the Wranglers in '08 or something.

4 Door Wrangler w/ Hemi V8. Something to consider.
lupinsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 08:00 PM   #12
lemming
Western Anomaly

Carmudgeonly Ride: White Orca
Quote:
Originally Posted by lupinsea
Then get one!

Don't quote me but I hear rumors about a Hemi being available in the Wranglers in '08 or something.

4 Door Wrangler w/ Hemi V8. Something to consider.
i'd actually rather they gimme the diesel option. that would be a good utilitarian vehicle. these fouffee SUVs are useless because they're mostly too nice to actually use 'em.

that's why the wrangler would appeal to me. i wouldn't actually care.

lemming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 11:44 AM   #13
lupinsea
Jeeped

Carmudgeonly Ride: Modified Jeep Tj and '07 Miata
Actually, you're right. I think the deisel option would be great. These aren't speed machines and the diesel would probably return better milage. God knows the Wranglers suck fuel big time. On average mine gets 14.5 mpg. With strictly freeway driving at 55-60 mph I "might" get 17 mpg. On technical, offroad trails it drops to about 4.2 mpg (due to very slow travel speeds and lots of engine idling).

On the Jeep forum I'm on one guy rolled his new Rubicon within 3 days of taking ownership of it. It didn't seem to phase him.

Part of the fun of the Wranglers is that you don't need to worry about them so much. Mud in side? Just hose it out.... window is down and rain in coming in . . . whatever. Ran into a tree and crunched the fender again. . . oh well.

And this last weekend while on the road above I backed into a log and crunched in my rear passenger side corner of the body tub. Just kinda shrugged my shoulders and continued on. At least now the tailgate is easier to open so maybe it's a good thing it was dented?
lupinsea is offline   Reply With Quote