carmudgeons.com  

Go Back   carmudgeons.com > Automotive Forums > Car Talk > Perseverators Anonymous

Old 11-01-2013, 06:41 PM   #431
Jeff_DML
Old Fart

Carmudgeonly Ride: T4R,GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by equ View Post

Research released by Edmunds indicates the Model S is now the best selling car in eight of America's 25 wealthiest zip codes as ranked by Forbes. At the top of that list is Atherton, California, a Silicon Valley town near Tesla's Palo Alto headquarters where the average home costs $6.65 million.

http://jalopnik.com/the-tesla-model-...cas-1456273385
what is with jeep wranglers and the east coast? Grand Cherokee I sort of undertand
Jeff_DML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 10:16 AM   #432
clyde
Chief title editor

Quote:
[IMG]
Research released by Edmunds indicates the Model S is now the best selling car in eight of America's 25 wealthiest zip codes as ranked by Forbes. At the top of that list is Atherton, California, a Silicon Valley town near Tesla's Palo Alto headquarters where the average home costs $6.65 million.

See, JST? You could have been ahead of the curve, but now you're just a me tooer.

Team WTF?!
What are you gonna do?
clyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 12:29 PM   #433
Sharp11
Vicarious Twitterer

Carmudgeonly Ride: 06 330 cic ZHP
Quote:

I had no idea I "aspired to follow" ....
Sharp11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 08:47 PM   #434
SCA
Jaded

The third one I have seen in town. The other two where white & black. This one was at a local Euro Indy shop for new tires & an alignment.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	T1.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	8988  
SCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 08:56 PM   #435
JST

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCA View Post
The third one I have seen in town. The other two where white & black. This one was at a local Euro Indy shop for new tires & an alignment.
Hey, that's my color combo! I didn't get the ($4500) 21" wheels, though.

Alignment is a known issue; there's some concern about excessive toe out either coming from the factory, resulting from transport, or happening over time.
JST is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 09:46 PM   #436
ZBB
Relic

Carmudgeonly Ride: A very fast golf cart
I love mine in white, but I really like that red. Had I seen one in person prior to ordering, I very likely would have ponied up for it...
Old 11-04-2013, 07:33 AM   #437
TD
Founder emeritus

I saw one in red for the first time yesterday as well. It's really a nice deep red. It looks great on the car.

That said, I can't drive a red car. I have enough problems with speed enforcement as it is.
TD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 07:35 AM   #438
JST

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD View Post
I saw one in red for the first time yesterday as well. It's really a nice deep red. It looks great on the car.

That said, I can't drive a red car. I have enough problems with speed enforcement as it is.
It's the best red I've seen since Imola. Might even be better than Imola, since it has more depth, but I'd have to see them side by side.

And TD--lucky for you, MD speed cameras don't care what color your car is...
JST is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 08:07 AM   #439
ZBB
Relic

Carmudgeonly Ride: A very fast golf cart
Oddly, I find myself driving the Tesla slower than previous cars. I used to accelerate fairly quick (although not all out), and drive 10-over the posted limit.

Now I accelerate a bit slower, and drive about 5-over. I think the Tesla's power consumption displays is why. I've always watched my mpg and range on previous cars -- not really hypermiling, but at least trying to be efficient. With the Tesla, you are rewarded with less range loss if you drive carefully. Accelerating is an example -- I try to keep the power meter below 60kW when accelerating from a stop and will re engage cruise control once I'm over ~25. Accelerating faster than that will give power use spikes.

Results are that I now have a lifetime average 298 Wh/mile, which is 2 below the EPA rating. I'd probably be closer to 310 if I didn't monitor as closely... Ironically, that's about 75 kWh less electricity used -- which only saved me ~$4.50 over 5 months...
Old 11-04-2013, 08:21 AM   #440
TD
Founder emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by JST View Post
It's the best red I've seen since Imola. Might even be better than Imola, since it has more depth, but I'd have to see them side by side.

And TD--lucky for you, MD speed cameras don't care what color your car is...
Without derailing this thread, speed cameras don't issue tickets that carry points. Nor do they issue ones requiring a court appearance.

Not that $75 tickets aren't an unnecessary expense, but it's the other kind that pose the real problem.

As someone who's had to incur attorney expenses on a couple of occasions in VA...
TD is offline   Reply With Quote