carmudgeons.com  

Go Back   carmudgeons.com > Automotive Forums > Car Talk > Perseverators Anonymous

Old 08-07-2020, 08:45 AM   #291
clyde
Chief title editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by clyde View Post
Carvana's payment hit my account today, so I guess we're far enough along to post this. AFAIK, they have not paid the balance on my note (and may not initiate payment until as late as Wednesday). Hopefully, there will be no follow up story.
Loan balance is now $0 after Carvana's payment hit the lender yesterday.

It sure would be nice if my online account with the lender made that info available online, but between yesterday evening and today, the loan and just about everything about it disappeared (I guess because $0 balance). But, no. I had to call.

Team WTF?!
What are you gonna do?
clyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 11:01 AM   #292
clyde
Chief title editor

If anyone wants to buy my car, Carvana is offering for $24,990.

https://www.carvana.com/vehicle/1503635

(Today’s offer would have been $19,507, a new high water mark.)

Team WTF?!
What are you gonna do?
Old 08-15-2020, 11:34 AM   #293
equ
Alphanumeric

Carmudgeonly Ride: 981S, 340i
Single owner, accident-free, gently used, never on a track...
equ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 12:29 PM   #294
wdc330i
dogged

Carmudgeonly Ride: '22 M440 xDrive GC
Quote:

It sure would be nice if my online account with the lender made that info available online, but between yesterday evening and today, the loan and just about everything about it disappeared (I guess because $0 balance). But, no. I had to call.
Bank of America? That happened when we paid off the Porsche. All documentation just vanished...Annoying.
wdc330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 02:10 PM   #295
clyde
Chief title editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdc330i View Post
Bank of America? That happened when we paid off the Porsche. All documentation just vanished...Annoying.
Citizens Bank. Would be much more comfortable with all the account info still showing and something saying “paid in full” like my Wells Fargo page says for my previous mortgages that were paid off years ago...including houses I no longer even own.

Team WTF?!
What are you gonna do?
Old 08-15-2020, 02:13 PM   #296
wdc330i
dogged

Quote:
Citizens Bank. Would be much more comfortable with all the account info still showing and something saying “paid in full” like my Wells Fargo page says for my previous mortgages that were paid off years ago...including houses I no longer even own.
Right!
Old 08-15-2020, 02:17 PM   #297
Alan
Carmudgeon

Quote:
Why not call them and ask for some type of acknowledgement in writing stating the loan was satisfied.
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 02:27 PM   #298
kognito
older fart than ZBB

Quote:

I have been going through my own living hell with shit like this. My GMC is the first vehicle I have ever bought at lease end. (I still need a pick up bed for yard work, and 25.5K residual versus 31K value made it just about a no brainier)

Dealing with GM financial/ local dealer has been a real pain in the ass. My selling dealer kept telling me to turn it in to them and they would sell it back to me. I never got a firm "buy it at residual" from them, and feared they would screw me if I gave them the truck. They kept telling me to get the end of lease inspection, which made no sense since I want the truck. (Onstar always reports the miles to them, so they know I'm not over on miles.

I finally decided to go to a different, sort of local GM dealer. They were very helpful with all my questions, everything seemed easy peasy.

Call GM finacial, get address for mailing my residual check and odometer statement. They said personnel check was fine (so cool! no need to visit my bank to get a certified check and expose myself to covidiots in the bank line)

Send in my check an odometer statement on 8/4 and wait . . . and wait. . . .and wait. I had to send it to a P.O.box so no UPS. I could have hopped on a moped and delivered it to Dallas faster. Seems our president has been fucking with the mail for a few weeks now.

Called GM Financial yesterday, still no check. Get a text from my bank this morning verifying that I had written a 25K check. Log into my bank and it shows that GM deposited the check on 8/12 (but no one knew this on the phone yesterday.)

I was getting very worried that the local dealer was going to come looking for my truck on the 28th
Old 08-15-2020, 02:36 PM   #299
wdc330i
dogged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
Why not call them and ask for some type of acknowledgement in writing stating the loan was satisfied.
Typically, they send a snail mail letter. But it's always a little nerveracking until it arrives.
Old 08-15-2020, 11:29 PM   #300
clyde
Chief title editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdc330i View Post
Typically, they send a snail mail letter. But it's always a little nerveracking until it arrives.
It’s not a nerve racking thing. It’s just A matter of convenience. It pisses me off in the same way my former auto insurance carrier didn’t have all my policy documents available online. Recall that calling them to ask for hem was what led me to shitcanning them a couple months ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kognito View Post
I have been going through my own living hell with shit like this. My GMC is the first vehicle I have ever bought at lease end. (I still need a pick up bed for yard work, and 25.5K residual versus 31K value made it just about a no brainier)

Dealing with GM financial/ local dealer has been a real pain in the ass. My selling dealer kept telling me to turn it in to them and they would sell it back to me. I never got a firm "buy it at residual" from them, and feared they would screw me if I gave them the truck. They kept telling me to get the end of lease inspection, which made no sense since I want the truck. (Onstar always reports the miles to them, so they know I'm not over on miles.

I finally decided to go to a different, sort of local GM dealer. They were very helpful with all my questions, everything seemed easy peasy.

Call GM finacial, get address for mailing my residual check and odometer statement. They said personnel check was fine (so cool! no need to visit my bank to get a certified check and expose myself to covidiots in the bank line)

Send in my check an odometer statement on 8/4 and wait . . . and wait. . . .and wait. I had to send it to a P.O.box so no UPS. I could have hopped on a moped and delivered it to Dallas faster. Seems our president has been fucking with the mail for a few weeks now.

Called GM Financial yesterday, still no check. Get a text from my bank this morning verifying that I had written a 25K check. Log into my bank and it shows that GM deposited the check on 8/12 (but no one knew this on the phone yesterday.)

I was getting very worried that the local dealer was going to come looking for my truck on the 28th
The local dealer won’t come looking for “their” truck. It’s not theirs and hasn’t been theirs since you originated the lease (assuming they were the selling dealer). It’s GM Financial’s until they give you the title.

Not totally sure if the local dealer was trying to screw you. Possibly.

FWIW, before considering DeJoy’s illegal disruption of the mail at the direction of Trump, my understanding is that many of the larger banks handling leases and auto loans are running ultra slow where physical access to documents is required due to COVID-related disruptions. Title and lien releases are taking a lot longer than normal in states that don’t require specific timelines.

Team WTF?!
What are you gonna do?