carmudgeons.com  

Go Back   carmudgeons.com > Automotive Forums > Car Talk > Perseverators Anonymous

Old 04-18-2023, 08:09 AM   #1
SCA
Jaded

2024 Porsche Cayenne Facelift Revealed

I like it more than I thought I would! I am delighted that I placed my name on the waitlist last Spring. I will stop by and visit my sales rep later today as allegedly they can be configured as of today.

Car & Drive: 2024 Porsche Cayenne Gives You More of Everything https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a4...cing-revealed/

Porsche YT video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7p3...ature=youtu.be
SCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2023, 06:38 PM   #2
Alan
Carmudgeon

I don't know this car too well but that interior looks pretty cool !!
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2023, 06:50 PM   #3
robg
Carmudgeon

Congrats! I guess I'm confused though...the interior pics in that article look largely the same as the ones in the link you posted at the end of March (where you said you were disappointed). What did I miss in these new photos? Or did you somehow see it in person?
robg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2023, 11:00 PM   #4
SCA
Jaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by robg View Post
Congrats! I guess I'm confused though...the interior pics in that article look largely the same as the ones in the link you posted at the end of March (where you said you were disappointed). What did I miss in these new photos? Or did you somehow see it in person?
The front passenger screen is what mostly turned me off. I learned last night shortly after the reveal that it is optional.
Old 04-19-2023, 01:01 PM   #5
robg
Carmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCA View Post
The front passenger screen is what mostly turned me off. I learned last night shortly after the reveal that it is optional.
Ah ok. And what about the value proposition of the cayenne in general? I remember you'd said something about how you get so much more for your money w/ the x5
Old 04-19-2023, 04:34 PM   #6
Alan
Carmudgeon

Sean how many waiting lists are you on at this time ? I know the M2 and now I know the Cayenne and you’re possibly thinking of going with the 992T as well. Are there any others ?

Also if you were to get the 992T would you keep the 997 ?
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2023, 05:20 PM   #7
SCA
Jaded

Quote:
Ah ok. And what about the value proposition of the cayenne in general? I remember you'd said something about how you get so much more for your money w/ the x5
Now moot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
Sean how many waiting lists are you on at this time ? I know the M2 and now I know the Cayenne and you’re possibly thinking of going with the 992T as well. Are there any others ?

Also if you were to get the 992T would you keep the 997 ?
Three. Pre-LCI G87 since June 2020, LCI G87 since October 2022, and the Facelift Cayenne since May 2022.

The 997 will never go.
Old 04-19-2023, 05:43 PM   #8
robg
Carmudgeon

Quote:
Now moot.
Facelift Cayenne gives you way more than previously or x5 LCI has crept up in price too much?
Old 04-19-2023, 07:54 PM   #9
SCA
Jaded

Quote:
Facelift Cayenne gives you way more than previously or x5 LCI has crept up in price too much?
The X5 gives you more like it always has. The G05 LCI has increased, but not as much as a Cayenne.

I spoke to my Porsche sales representative today and he stated for a base Cayenne that they would stock for inventory you are looking around $94k. He also stated that if I am not in a rush he could have me in one by September and that I would have to lock in my order by mid June.

A fairly loaded G05 LCI xDrive40i would be around $83k.

BMW service has always been absolutely horrible here and truthfully I am tired of dealing with it. I have turned a blind eye to it since the mid 90s and only because of my sincere love for the brand, but that has diminished significantly now that I have set a foot into the Porsche world.
Old 04-19-2023, 08:49 PM   #10
wdc330i
dogged

Carmudgeonly Ride: '22 M440 xDrive GC
Quote:
The X5 gives you more like it always has. The G05 LCI has increased, but not as much as a Cayenne.

I spoke to my Porsche sales representative today and he stated for a base Cayenne that they would stock for inventory you are looking around $94k. He also stated that if I am not in a rush he could have me in one by September and that I would have to lock in my order by mid June.

A fairly loaded G05 LCI xDrive40i would be around $83k.

BMW service has always been absolutely horrible here and truthfully I am tired of dealing with it. I have turned a blind eye to it since the mid 90s and only because of my sincere love for the brand, but that has diminished significantly now that I have set a foot into the Porsche world.
You raise an interesting point: Service. Especially with mechanics having to keep a foot in the ICE world and the EV world. This will be a very big weak link going forward.

Frankly getting any kind of smart service for anything you own is tough. We are losing these skills quickly. Plus, the hurry-up culture of surveys and other pressures to get everything done quickly or under warranty hours, etc. it’s a wreck.
wdc330i is offline   Reply With Quote