carmudgeons.com  

Go Back   carmudgeons.com > Automotive Forums > Car Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-25-2019, 12:52 AM   #1
Theo
Crazy Old Man

Carmudgeonly Ride: M2C Stick
Car to hold me over

So while I wait for 18 or even a 19 Comp M2’s to come to a price point I want I thought I could cure my return to a vert issue for a minute by buying a 06-07 S2000. I know these low mileage ones also command a silly price BUT if I pay that price for a low mileage one and take care of it and drive less then 5K a year, like I do now, I feel I will not loose much.

I know these are gutless wonders under 6K and as I get older ultimate power is no longer a thing for me. If it was I would not look at the 981s or the M2. There are plenty more less engaging cars with WAY more power used for cheaper (C63).

I have some other bills and investments I would like to take care of first while I wait for the used M2’s to come down.

I think AF had one and sold it right away due to the drive it like you stole it demeanor of the car. I am not a stranger to this type of car or driving. I have had both a 91 CRX si and a 94 Turbo MR2.

Anyway I think I am going to do it.

Thoughts appreciated.