carmudgeons.com  

Go Back   carmudgeons.com > Automotive Forums > Car Talk

Old 04-19-2004, 12:22 AM   #1
The HACK
Crotchety

Finally saw a new 6er in flesh and blood on the road

I was driving "home" from TS 11 (for Buttwillow attendees only so we had a small turnout) through Santa Monica Mountains, down from Kanan Rd to Mulholland dr. to PCH back up Malibu Cyn Rd. Also to scope out some possible "fun rally" drive for a May event I'm planning in conjunction with FreshAlloy. The drive was fun but part of the drive was simply too "twisty" for cars. I think I may have to find an alternate route from Kanan to Mulholland.

Anyway, once on PCH I was cruising along at speed, and what do I see approaching from the other side of the road? A slick coupe form in dark grey BLASTS right by me. It was unmistakable, a gorgeous new 6er. You have to hand it to the BMW design team, for whatever reason the new designs may not look all that impressive on paper or even sitting still, but once you see them on the road, from the vantage point of another driver or by-stander, they're truly artwork in motion. The 6er looks 1000X better in motion than standing still.

Had this huge headache when I got home, because driving through the Santa Monica Mountains even at 6/10th require so much concentration, especially in the really twisty part.

• SEMA 2004 • Leadership Matrix has been passed, Ricemus Prime Lives!!!
The HACK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 12:25 AM   #2
SCA
Jaded

This weekend I saw 2 on the road. A Ti. Silver and an Alpine White 645Ci. I liked the white one.
SCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 12:28 AM   #3
elbert
Realist

I forgot about that part: one good thing about driving that 645 pimpmobile was *everyone* got out of the way.
elbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 08:41 AM   #4
killerdeck
Crotchety

Carmudgeonly Ride: 2016 BMW M3
Sure hope so

I sure hope they look better in motion because I cant get over how fugly the one looks sitting in the showroon locally. Havent seen one on the road yet.
killerdeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 10:19 AM   #5
FC
Solving problems

Carmudgeonly Ride: M5 / 718 GTS / Cooper S / GTI / LR4
Re: Sure hope so

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerdeck
I sure hope they look better in motion because I cant get over how fugly the one looks sitting in the showroon locally. Havent seen one on the road yet.
Ditto.
FC is offline   Reply With Quote