carmudgeons.com  

Go Back   carmudgeons.com > Automotive Forums > Car Talk > Perseverators Anonymous

Old Today, 02:21 PM   #6001
lemming
Western Anomaly

Carmudgeonly Ride: White Orca
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCA View Post
Break-in recommendation is to be keep it under 4000 for the first 1,875 miles. I have gone to 4300 a few times. Meh… I think even with lightweight glass and less sound deadening in a T, a large part of the experience seems to be masked. I noticed last night at speeds above 60-65 miles an hour you do not hear much. More German luxury than German sports car. The overall 992 size is a factor as well, but one must just suck it up and deal with it if they want to be in a new 911.

I have repeatedly read that the S is where one wants to be if they desire the power and a manual. I wish Lemming would take delivery soon to confirm as it might be too late… The T and I have gone our separate ways.

I have very recently inquired about getting an S and was told no more .1 allocations. It will have to be a .2 and there are tons of unknowns like 48v and the possibility of no manual. The absence of the analog tachometer would probably bother me too, but I would eventually get over it.

Edit: As a refresher, I originally wanted an S allocation, but they are highly desirable, therefore difficult to come by. The T was a way to get my foot in the door with my dealer as a first time new Porsche owner.
Hi. I’m following your saga —I’m with ya. Sorry my delivery is delayed. It will be at PEC LA. Needed to do the PPF and all of that jazz first. And then my killer schedule. It’s delayed because of me really. (Sorry)

To be honest, if the Carrera S is as fast as I know it is, I could loosen my grip on the GT3. There’s a lot of if’s there.

The only thing I can say about my 2018 Carrera T is that it was adequate power if I shifted the hell out of it. But the gap between that 991.2 base powerplant and the 991.2 Turbo S is vast. And i wanted something closer to the middle but with a manual.

My current thinking right now is sell my GT3 6 speed and try to get on a list for a 992.2 Speedster. Or buy a CPO 911 Sport Classic.

lemming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:10 PM   #6002
lemming
Western Anomaly

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemming View Post
Hi. I’m following your saga —I’m with ya. Sorry my delivery is delayed. It will be at PEC LA. Needed to do the PPF and all of that jazz first. And then my killer schedule. It’s delayed because of me really. (Sorry)

To be honest, if the Carrera S is as fast as I know it is, I could loosen my grip on the GT3. There’s a lot of if’s there.

The only thing I can say about my 2018 Carrera T is that it was adequate power if I shifted the hell out of it. But the gap between that 991.2 base powerplant and the 991.2 Turbo S is vast. And i wanted something closer to the middle but with a manual.

My current thinking right now is sell my GT3 6 speed and try to get on a list for a 992.2 Speedster. Or buy a CPO 911 Sport Classic.
Just asked (politely) if I could be put on 992.2 Speedster list. 2028 car looks like.

Old Today, 04:44 PM   #6003
JST

The last gen Speedster is the only 911 after the 997 that really interests me
JST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:35 PM   #6004
FC
Solving problems

Carmudgeonly Ride: M5 / 718 GTS / Cooper S / GTI / LR4
Quote:
Originally Posted by JST View Post
The last gen Speedster is the only 911 after the 997 that really interests me
Agreed. The $$$ makes no sense to me, but yeah.
FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:21 PM   #6005
lemming
Western Anomaly

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC View Post
Agreed. The $$$ makes no sense to me, but yeah.
Dude.

They’re still asking over $400,000. And they’re all 5 years old now.

It’s incredible.

That’s why I’m trying to just get a new one. If they’re going to cost that much, I’ll try for new then. Fine.

Old Today, 06:41 PM   #6006
SCA
Jaded

I guess at one time Spike and Zuckerman owned a 991 Speedster, but they apparently did not care for it that much and cut it loose pretty quickly. Not all that surprising as they kind of have car ADD.
SCA is offline   Reply With Quote