carmudgeons.com  

Go Back   carmudgeons.com > Automotive Forums > Car Talk > Perseverators Anonymous

Old 02-07-2022, 04:36 PM   #11
lemming
Western Anomaly

Carmudgeonly Ride: White Orca
Kudos!

It is a rough time to buy vehicles. So it likes like a real coup.

lemming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 01:55 PM   #12
robg
Carmudgeon

Nice... I think you found a bit of a unicorn w/ that 328. I used to have an e92 335 and still think it's a good looking car.
robg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 10:30 PM   #13
Biggins
Crotchety

Carmudgeonly Ride: 22 Tiguan, 11 328i
Thanks all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCA View Post
Nice! Sharp E92! Really like those M Sport wheels too…
I think that's what really drew me to this particular car. I'd like to call it a ZHP-lite, but I think the ZHP is a bit more special. The wheels definitely look better from 10+ feet away, but the prior owner(s) definitely did a number on the fronts (curbing).

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMR View Post
I actually went and test drove a 2022 Honda Civic Si late last week as one had come into my local dealer and I had expressed interest. It is a fantastic car for $28k. It's got everything I want in a daily driver. Problem is that the dealer is asking $8,500 over sticker on it. That's $8500 over a $28k car. It's sickening.
I have a couple close friends who work for Honda and one who was willing to cash in a favor to get one for me at MSRP, but the soonest I could get one at MSRP was going to be at least June/July.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robg View Post
Nice... I think you found a bit of a unicorn w/ that 328. I used to have an e92 335 and still think it's a good looking car.
I hope so! I did not see any real comparable cars in this spec.

After more than a week with it, I still like it. My son loves it, my wife likes that I'm not searching for a car anymore, and I've yet to take my daughter for a ride. I should probably get her car seat in the car soon enough! I think it will check enough boxes to get us through this period of crazy prices and limited availability on some of the cooler car(s) that I really wanted?
Biggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2022, 09:04 AM   #14
RMR
Crotchety

Carmudgeonly Ride: 2020 Honda Civic Hatch Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggins View Post

I have a couple close friends who work for Honda and one who was willing to cash in a favor to get one for me at MSRP, but the soonest I could get one at MSRP was going to be at least June/July.

Still waffling on things but I think I will end up with a '22 or a '23 Civic Si........I just need patience in this market. The car is incredible for the $$$ and a perfect daily driver for my 90 mile per day commute.

RMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2022, 12:17 PM   #15
Alan
Carmudgeon

Congrats !!! I always liked the 3 series Coupe in white (well actually I like all cars in white), just a quick question, is the suspension lowered ?
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2022, 04:19 PM   #16
Biggins
Crotchety

Carmudgeonly Ride: 22 Tiguan, 11 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
Congrats !!! I always liked the 3 series Coupe in white (well actually I like all cars in white), just a quick question, is the suspension lowered ?
It appears more stock height (might be the angle of photo and angle of the road where I parked) in person, but I think the "M-Sport" suspension is slightly lower than a regular E90/E92? When it warms up a bit and I can get a compatible wheel lock key (and throw the wheel locks in garbage), I'll spend more time looking at a few other things I want to learn/investigate.
Biggins is offline   Reply With Quote