carmudgeons.com  

Go Back   carmudgeons.com > Automotive Forums > Car Talk

Old 09-24-2021, 09:29 AM   #31
Josh (PA)
Hello.

Carmudgeonly Ride: '09 X3, '11 328xiT, '11 135i C, '17 c2, '19 X5
Reading these stories of decontenting makes me happy we bought the Merc wagon this spring when we did.

Our alternate plan was to order a new LCI X3 right around now, and we would have loaded it up with options. I would have been really p***ed if we got to this point only to be told we couldn't spec the car the way we wanted or worse put an order in and be told after the fact. Maybe we could have gotten what we wanted since we were going to get the B58 model, but in any case I'm happy I don't have to worry about it.
'11 135i Convertible
'11 328xiT
'09 X3
Josh (PA) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 09:35 AM   #32
wdc330i
dogged

Carmudgeonly Ride: '22 M440 xDrive GC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh (PA) View Post
Reading these stories of decontenting makes me happy we bought the Merc wagon this spring when we did.

Our alternate plan was to order a new LCI X3 right around now, and we would have loaded it up with options. I would have been really p***ed if we got to this point only to be told we couldn't spec the car the way we wanted or worse put an order in and be told after the fact. Maybe we could have gotten what we wanted since we were going to get the B58 model, but in any case I'm happy I don't have to worry about it.
Indeed. I'm happy, too, that my non-premium brand has all those missing features for 60% of the price of entry to a tricked out X3.

That said. I love the X3 and would have bought one had I not had a big wave of price consciousness.
wdc330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 10:11 AM   #33
SCA
Jaded

Quote:

Yep, you dodged a bullet.

HUD removed and now this… Even the M40 is losing the SiriusXM & HD radio.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	848832A5-CD7A-4BEA-AC0B-061491414E5B.jpeg
Views:	72
Size:	141.1 KB
ID:	13822  

Last edited by SCA; 09-24-2021 at 10:22 AM.
SCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 10:16 AM   #34
Alan
Carmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCA View Post
Yep, you dodged at bullet.

HUD removed and now this… Even the M40 is losing the SiriusXM & HD radio.
Do you know if Sirius was removed on the M440, my buddy is about to order the convertible ... I wonder what other options he won't be able to order
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 10:19 AM   #35
Josh (PA)
Hello.

Carmudgeonly Ride: '09 X3, '11 328xiT, '11 135i C, '17 c2, '19 X5
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdc330i View Post
Indeed. I'm happy, too, that my non-premium brand has all those missing features for 60% of the price of entry to a tricked out X3.

That said. I love the X3 and would have bought one had I not had a big wave of price consciousness.
I think you totally made the right choice keeping your 2er and getting the Mazda as a very nice 2nd car.
'11 135i Convertible
'11 328xiT
'09 X3
Josh (PA) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 10:19 AM   #36
SCA
Jaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
Do you know if Sirius was removed on the M440, my buddy is about to order the convertible ... I wonder what other options he won't be able to order
I am sure it is possible. FYI, a lot of German built BMWs are being shipped without radios and/or backup cameras, get to their U.S. port and a hold is being placed on them. Those missing items are being installed at port when they become available. It is delaying plenty of customer orders.
Old 09-28-2021, 02:14 PM   #37
robg
Carmudgeon

Quote:

I just tried building an X3 30 and it looks like you can no longer spec adaptive cruise control! Same thing on the 430..so they must be aggressively cutting options on all the lower end models. Not sure what else they've cut but I'm sure there's more. If I do ever end up buying an X3 at some point it'd be the m40 model ...and I can't find any evidence of de-contenting or missing options there (but I didn't really look that hard).
robg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 03:48 PM   #38
SCA
Jaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by robg View Post
I just tried building an X3 30 and it looks like you can no longer spec adaptive cruise control! Same thing on the 430..so they must be aggressively cutting options on all the lower end models. Not sure what else they've cut but I'm sure there's more. If I do ever end up buying an X3 at some point it'd be the m40 model ...and I can't find any evidence of de-contenting or missing options there (but I didn't really look that hard).
The way things are currently it is not looking to improve for several months. I am certainly there is a long list of items they are considering removing. I believe HUD got cut from the M40 last week? I know for a fact that SiriusXM and HD were removed in all X3s.
Old 09-29-2021, 09:46 AM   #39
zach
swinging for the fences

Carmudgeonly Ride: 987, X7 M60i, e36 M3
It appears they are prioritizing the higher-end cars for options, but even the 7 series has unavailable options. Sucks for people looking to buy right now.
zach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 02:09 PM   #40
SCA
Jaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by zach View Post
It appears they are prioritizing the higher-end cars for options, but even the 7 series has unavailable options. Sucks for people looking to buy right now.