carmudgeons.com  

Go Back   carmudgeons.com > Automotive Forums > Car Talk

Old 09-23-2021, 04:58 PM   #51
clyde
Chief title editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JST View Post
No idea whether the GTS would really be attainable. I'll probably dither long enough that even if it is for some people, it won't be for me.

Your point on the Alpha is well taken. I like the CT4 V a bunch but the twin turbo V6 is...idk, I'd really love it if they just point a 7.0L LS in there. That would be amazing.

Or if they would make the Camaro but like...not a Camaro.
I (and maybe many of us?) have a mental barrier to buying the lesser version of some kinds of things. I loved my Fox body Mustangs in the day, but not those Fox Body pieces of shit with less than V8s (SVO was...different). For regular use, I probably would have been thrilled with buying a G8 GT, but just knowing the GXP was out there made the GT a non-starter. The 986 Boxster would have been an amazing car...if not for the 986 S. Fuck a C5 Corvette if it's not a Z06.

Then...there's the C6. The Z06 is great, but, you know, the Grand Sport's not that bad. With the C7, I don't think I'd want a Z06 and I know that I don't want a C7 ZR1.

With my Camaro SS 1LE, I'm happier having the 2SS than the 1SS because it's a little nicer, but I don't even care that the ZL1 and ZL1 1LE are out there because they're way too much overkill. Honestly, the SS 1LE is too much overkill (meanwhile the V6 1LE was not enough because it didn't get the trick suspension the SS version and above do).

So, when I look at the CT-4 and CT-5 Blackwings, I want to be more into the CT-5 version, but I can't help feeling like I'd have way much more fun more often with the CT-4 version. Even at the same price point, I find the CT-4 more appealing even though I don't think it should.

Team WTF?!
What are you gonna do?
clyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 04:59 PM   #52
Theo
Crazy Old Man

Carmudgeonly Ride: M2C Stick
I guess I am just super boring at this point in my life being super satisfied with my car right now and not needing anything else. (Someone revoke my carmudgeons card!)

I am sure that might change with the release of the G87 but I rather enjoy being car satisfied at the moment.

I guess I never really ever wanted to spend that kind of coin on a car ever so they become less and less interesting above a certain price point. I like to read about them but don’t long to have one like I used to when I was much younger.

Also it comes down to what can you actually use on the street. It’s more fun to make it through at least 4th before you get arrested.

That said the Blackwing is cool as hell and if someone gave one to me I would probably keep it. It’s like an E39 M5 on steroids!!
Old 09-23-2021, 05:04 PM   #53
clyde
Chief title editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo View Post
I guess I am just super boring at this point in my life being super satisfied with my car right now and not needing anything else. (Someone revoke my carmudgeons card!)
I think I've had my Camaro a little longer than you've had your M2C and I'm just as happy with it now as I was when I got it (moreso?).

But I always like to look.

Team WTF?!
What are you gonna do?
Old 09-23-2021, 05:08 PM   #54
lemming
Western Anomaly

Carmudgeonly Ride: White Orca
Quote:
Originally Posted by clyde View Post
I think I've had my Camaro a little longer than you've had your M2C and I'm just as happy with it now as I was when I got it (moreso?).

But I always like to look.
Clyde. To be fair. The transmission in the Camaro is best-in-class (TR 6060) and the clutch is great. And the brakes are great.

Couple that with the SBC engine, and there’s not a lot there to dislike on the car. Plus you got the 1LE trim which is even better.

lemming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 09:34 AM   #55
lemming
Western Anomaly

This

https://www.motor1.com/news/535941/c...-edition-2024/

Old 09-25-2021, 10:33 AM   #56
clyde
Chief title editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemming View Post
Sounds like a color, decal, and bauble package. Reserve the right to revise, but I doubt I will do anything other than yawn if and when details come from Chevrolet.

The biggest news in that is that is 2024 being its final year. For the past two years or so, there's been a lot of speculation about what year 2023-2026. We all know it's coming, just not when, exactly. Current production issues will probably affect what it otherwise would have been, but who knows if that means the end will come sooner or later.

They have thousands upon thousands of nearly complete 2021 cars in lots around Lansing waiting for parts (things with missing chips) to be complete. Meanwhile, 2022s are starting to hit dealer lots, while other 22s are starting to also hit the Lansing area storage lots.

The Camaro has never been a hot seller. While those cars are MY2021/22 cars, it will take some time to sell them once they get to dealers.

I really wouldn't count on any future Camaro thing one way or another until it actually happens.

Team WTF?!
What are you gonna do?
Old 09-25-2021, 11:10 AM   #57
lemming
Western Anomaly

Quote:
Originally Posted by clyde View Post
Sounds like a color, decal, and bauble package. Reserve the right to revise, but I doubt I will do anything other than yawn if and when details come from Chevrolet.

The biggest news in that is that is 2024 being its final year. For the past two years or so, there's been a lot of speculation about what year 2023-2026. We all know it's coming, just not when, exactly. Current production issues will probably affect what it otherwise would have been, but who knows if that means the end will come sooner or later.

They have thousands upon thousands of nearly complete 2021 cars in lots around Lansing waiting for parts (things with missing chips) to be complete. Meanwhile, 2022s are starting to hit dealer lots, while other 22s are starting to also hit the Lansing area storage lots.

The Camaro has never been a hot seller. While those cars are MY2021/22 cars, it will take some time to sell them once they get to dealers.

I really wouldn't count on any future Camaro thing one way or another until it actually happens.
Whatever it is, I want to buy a final year Camaro.

Old 11-05-2021, 03:47 PM   #58
Theo
Crazy Old Man

Carmudgeonly Ride: M2C Stick
Awesome ICON’s eps with Jason on the CTV-5 Blackwing.

https://youtu.be/j7YqdGt19tw
Old 04-24-2023, 02:31 PM   #59
Jeff_DML
Old Fart

Carmudgeonly Ride: T4R,GTI

Seems like someone on this board needs to get this car before it is gone. Too bad Josh just got the cayman..any other?

Last edited by Jeff_DML; 04-24-2023 at 02:51 PM.
Jeff_DML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2023, 02:38 PM   #60
robg
Carmudgeon

If you can find one without ADM...

Apparently the CT5 in general has one of the highest markups over sticker!
https://www.caranddriver.com/feature...ggest-markups/

Yeah- i was surprised by some of these as well.
robg is offline   Reply With Quote