carmudgeons.com  

Go Back   carmudgeons.com > Automotive Forums > Car Talk > Perseverators Anonymous

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-16-2017, 10:11 AM   #10
bren
lawn boy

Carmudgeonly Ride: e46m3, f25x3,C5 Z06, C4 Vette, 06 CTD Ram, and a trailer
Quote:
Originally Posted by rumatt View Post
Maybe.

OK the shorter version of my way-too-long original post is:

If you're buying a truck, do you try to find one that also makes a good winter vehicle? Or do you go for a utilitarian beater?
I would get something you can live with. A trailer might make more sense than a beater truck.

The Ridgeline is interesting, but for the ugly, and the bed that is so small I'm not sure why you'd bother.

That Colorado zr2 looks pretty cool, but you can get a lot of full-size truck for that kind of money.

Keep in mind that trucks with "trucky" 4wd systems aren't really great in normal inclement weather. They don't want to be in 4wd on any sort of dryish road. Also, there is no weight in the back so traction can be an issue.

edit:
I really don't know how people own homes without a truck. Mine comes in handy all the time.

edit II:
I don't know how much firewood you are thinking of hauling or how regularly, but you'll never even get a half-cord of wood on a utility trailer, or in a Colorado size truck.
bren is offline   Reply With Quote