carmudgeons.com  

Go Back   carmudgeons.com > Automotive Forums > Car Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-06-2020, 09:11 AM   #1
FC
Solving problems

Carmudgeonly Ride: M5 / 718 GTS / Cooper S / GTI / LR4
How much are you driving nowadays?

I've driven to work exactly twice since Friday, March 13th (25 miles round trip). Besides ~300 miles worth of driving to and around Martha's Vineyard, and recently to my sister's house (~100 miles round trip), our driving for the past 3.5 months consists of pretty short errands to get food/supplies. I'd be surprised if the combined household miles, including the trips above, amount to 1,000 miles since mid-March. The LR4 has seen ~2/3 of those miles.

I think I have taken the M3 only handful of times in that entire time. My son resumes club soccer practice tonight (twice a week for a month - half are 5 miles away, half are 15 miles away). That will give me a chance to drive a bit. No word on when either of us goes back in the office.

My wife plans on using this experience to justify only going back to the office 2 or maybe 3 times per week even when/if all goes back to normal COVID-wise. We don't have to do anything yet (indefinitely, really), but it could impact future car decisions.

How is this affecting your driving mileage/habits/decisions?
FC is offline   Reply With Quote