carmudgeons.com  

Go Back   carmudgeons.com > Automotive Forums > Car Talk

Old 11-15-2017, 11:21 PM   #31
clyde
Chief title editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AF View Post
Jeez Clyde how many cars do you have ... I know you have the jag, the focus and now I learned you have a Miata too ... can you please give some details
Seriously? It’s all been pretty well documented and youve commented plenty over time.

Focus ST has been my daily driver for about five years.

Outback is twice wrecked, super high mileage, and my wife’s.

They park in the garage overnight.

Decorating the driveway is:

The 91 Miata that hasn’t really run in about five years. Been in he family since new.

98 Jaguar XK8 my dad bought in 2013 a couple weeks before he died. Sat in my mom’s garage for three years until she “sold” it to a mooching “friend”, so I flew out to Sann Diego with my daughter and we drove it back right after the massive snowstorm January 2016. I drove it recreationally and occasionally commuting in it until August 2016 when (I think) the fuel pump died. Been decorating the driveway since.

That’s it.

By next spring, hope to fix and sell the XK8.

Also hope to fix and sell the Miata. Or, maybe, just sell, but want to involve my 15-nearly-16 year old daughter in working on it so I can “give” it to her in exchange for her effort...only not give it to her.

Instead, give her my wife’s Outback as first car and get my wife whatever she wants (sounds like a newer, but used Outback).

Sell Focus ST and replace with a sixth gen Camaro (hopefully a SS 1LE, but possibly a regular SS or a turbo 4...because nothing in life is easy that should be).

Team WTF?!
What are you gonna do?
clyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 03:05 AM   #32
Alan
Carmudgeon

Wow strange I don’t remember commenting on the Miata

That is pretty cool ... interested to see what you end up doing with both the Jag and Miata ... by any chance do you have a pic of the Mazda ... I know the Jag is a silver one which was similar to one my dad had at one time.
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote