carmudgeons.com  

Go Back   carmudgeons.com > Automotive Forums > Car Talk

Old 04-27-2010, 08:38 PM   #11
kognito
older fart than ZBB

Dealer told me that 2010 systems support 5 devices. I will find out for sure on Friday when we pick it up!

We got an assume deal on the Malibu (IMHO) took a few hours, but what trip to a dealer doesn't???

Got them all the way down to invoice, plus 3K back from GM, plus they first offered us 9K for our Rabbit (KBB says ~8K for trade value) I then told them we were also going to look at a Fusion or Taurus, because I can generate a PIN number for X-plan once a year. They then moved the trade in up to 10K, and we bought it.

The Rabbit has 53K miles so we were happy with just 9K, 10K made it even sweeter!

Because the Rabbit had almost all highway miles, the front of the car has about 150-200 paint chips. Because of the chips on the Rabbit we wanted them to install clear bra or whatever 3M calls it now.

As they were getting ready to pull our car out of the show room, my wife found a small dent and to marks in the paint, so in order to make her happy, they are fixing the paint, and also giving us the clear bra for free (was 599)

The LTZ is loaded! sunroof, leather heated seats, Bose radio has XM, Ipod, and USB input for thumb wheel drive for music. The six speed automatic has shift paddles on the steering wheel.

I will post pictures in another thread once we pick it up on Friday (as long as wife is happy with the body shop touch up, we will sign for it then.

I still can't get over that they are giving us 10K for a car we bought 3 years ago for only 16K.
Old 04-27-2010, 11:37 PM   #12
ZBB
Relic

Carmudgeonly Ride: A very fast golf cart
Quote:
Originally Posted by kognito View Post

I still can't get over that they are giving us 10K for a car we bought 3 years ago for only 16K.
That's fantastic...