carmudgeons.com  

Go Back   carmudgeons.com > Automotive Forums > Car Talk > Perseverators Anonymous

Old Today, 07:17 AM   #5911
Josh (PA)
Hello.

Carmudgeonly Ride: '09 X3, '11 328xiT, '11 135i C, '17 c2, '19 X5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh (PA) View Post
This was my salesman's follow up to my passing on his offer: A couple of interesting tidbits - .2 = late fall 2024 introduction - I wonder if colors will be added in Feb through April for the end of the .1 run? Staged introduction of base and GTS first followed by others in 2025.

I just want you to know what we know about the .2. When it is introduced late fall this year. The base Carrera’s and the GTS will be the first to be introduced.

Then sometime in 2025 the other models will follow. Here is what we know.

The base Carrera’s will have a boost in performance, but the GTS will go to a mild hybrid and manual will not be offered due to how the electric motor is between the

transmission and motor. Now here is where the grey area comes in. The .2 ‘S’ models. will they be a mild hybrid or not. We have not been informed either way. The

thinking is that since the GTS is a boosted ‘S’ model, it wouldn’t be a surprise if when the ‘S’ comes out it is also a mild hybrid which would also eliminate the manual transmission.

I just want you to have all the information so you can make the best decision for you. Sorry that I don’t have anything in concrete at this point. Let me know your thoughts.
This all seems to be holding true, including the delays, late fall intro, etc.
'11 135i Convertible
'11 328xiT
'09 X3
Josh (PA) is offline   Reply With Quote