carmudgeons.com  

Go Back   carmudgeons.com > Automotive Forums > Car Talk > Perseverators Anonymous

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2020, 10:59 AM   #21
JST
195
 
JST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 22,280
Hm, yes, X7...but hear me out.

Land Cruiser.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...th-barn-doors/
JST is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 11:48 AM   #22
Josh (PA)
Hello.
 
Josh (PA)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Carmudgeonly Ride: '11 135i C, '17 c2, '19 S213
Location: Downingtown, PA
Posts: 4,237
Quote:
Originally Posted by JST View Post
Hm, yes, X7...but hear me out.

Land Cruiser.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...th-barn-doors/
When I was 10 and went to a British school in Dubai, we (the school) had 2 of these and 2 defenders that we would take into the desert for camping trips. The Land Cruisers were sooo comfortable compared to the Defenders and almost every time would wind up pulling one of the Defenders out of a sand dune... That was more an outcome of which teacher was driving as opposed to which vehicle was better at off roading. We had one British teacher that loved driving the Defender and loved getting 4 wheel air off the top of the dunes. He wasn't as good at sticking the landings and would usually bury himself in the soft sand.

RE: the one on BAT, you could probably buy it, find all the left over Columbian Cocaine in the body panels and sell it with enough profit for an X7 and The BAT fees.
__________________
Josh (PA) -
`19 E450 Wagon
'17 991.2 C2 Cab
'11 135i Convertible
Josh (PA) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 01:26 PM   #23
zach
swinging for the fences
 
zach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Carmudgeonly Ride: X7 M50i, e36 M3
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 4,736
Quote:
Originally Posted by JST View Post
Hm, yes, X7...but hear me out.

Land Cruiser.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...th-barn-doors/
I love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh (PA) View Post
When I was 10 and went to a British school in Dubai, we (the school) had 2 of these and 2 defenders that we would take into the desert for camping trips. The Land Cruisers were sooo comfortable compared to the Defenders and almost every time would wind up pulling one of the Defenders out of a sand dune... That was more an outcome of which teacher was driving as opposed to which vehicle was better at off roading. We had one British teacher that loved driving the Defender and loved getting 4 wheel air off the top of the dunes. He wasn't as good at sticking the landings and would usually bury himself in the soft sand.

RE: the one on BAT, you could probably buy it, find all the left over Columbian Cocaine in the body panels and sell it with enough profit for an X7 and The BAT fees.
zach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 01:36 PM   #24
wdc330i
dogged
 
wdc330i's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Carmudgeonly Ride: '17 M240i / ‘21 Mazda CX-5
Posts: 9,738
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh (PA) View Post
When I was 10 and went to a British school in Dubai, we (the school) had 2 of these and 2 defenders that we would take into the desert for camping trips. The Land Cruisers were sooo comfortable compared to the Defenders and almost every time would wind up pulling one of the Defenders out of a sand dune... That was more an outcome of which teacher was driving as opposed to which vehicle was better at off roading. We had one British teacher that loved driving the Defender and loved getting 4 wheel air off the top of the dunes. He wasn't as good at sticking the landings and would usually bury himself in the soft sand.

RE: the one on BAT, you could probably buy it, find all the left over Columbian Cocaine in the body panels and sell it with enough profit for an X7 and The BAT fees.
wdc330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 04:51 PM   #25
zach
swinging for the fences
 
zach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Carmudgeonly Ride: X7 M50i, e36 M3
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 4,736
Looks like it's go time on this. I need to decide if I really want the Tartufo leather or go with the more conservative and boring black leather like I've had on the last two. Unfortunately the dealer doesn't have any cars with tartufo in stock, which I found weird.
zach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 05:03 PM   #26
wdc330i
dogged
 
wdc330i's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Carmudgeonly Ride: '17 M240i / ‘21 Mazda CX-5
Posts: 9,738
Quote:
Originally Posted by zach View Post
Looks like it's go time on this. I need to decide if I really want the Tartufo leather or go with the more conservative and boring black leather like I've had on the last two. Unfortunately the dealer doesn't have any cars with tartufo in stock, which I found weird.
I am very over black interiors, if that's a help. I have three on BMWs alone...
wdc330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 05:13 PM   #27
Alan
What ev's
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 3,524
Cool Zach ... the X7 is a great family vehicle, I remember we test drove it last year ... they did a beautiful job on it and the technology is awesome in today's BMW's.

What exterior color are you getting ?
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 05:21 PM   #28
zach
swinging for the fences
 
zach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Carmudgeonly Ride: X7 M50i, e36 M3
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 4,736
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdc330i View Post
I am very over black interiors, if that's a help. I have three on BMWs alone...
Yeah I don't disagree. We do have a 5 year old and a 1 year old though...but this is a lease so as long as they don't really F it up, I'm probably ok. I think the solution is to try hard to find a local dealer with this color in stock so I can see it in person.
zach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 05:23 PM   #29
zach
swinging for the fences
 
zach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Carmudgeonly Ride: X7 M50i, e36 M3
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 4,736
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
Cool Zach ... the X7 is a great family vehicle, I remember we test drove it last year ... they did a beautiful job on it and the technology is awesome in today's BMW's.

What exterior color are you getting ?
Thanks Alan - it's basically the same exact thing as an X5, just longer. We are going with carbon black again for the exterior, which will make three in a row. We like it.
zach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 06:45 PM   #30
wdc330i
dogged
 
wdc330i's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Carmudgeonly Ride: '17 M240i / ‘21 Mazda CX-5
Posts: 9,738
Quote:
Originally Posted by zach View Post
Thanks Alan - it's basically the same exact thing as an X5, just longer. We are going with carbon black again for the exterior, which will make three in a row. We like it.
Ah, with Carbon Black, I'd probably go with black...I don't like to mix the brownish hues with black...
wdc330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Forums 2003-2008, 'Mudgeon Enterprises - Site hosting by AYN & Associates, LLC