carmudgeons.com  

Go Back   carmudgeons.com > Automotive Forums > Going Faster

Old 07-19-2009, 12:38 PM   #11
Sharp11
Vicarious Twitterer

Carmudgeonly Ride: 06 330 cic ZHP
I'll likely try the blower tip before sending out the camera, but it's hard to imagine I can do better than Nikon in getting it back into shape - especially having never done it before.

Also, it's damned dusty around here - where would I do it that wouldn't be exposing the camera to more dust ?

How well do the new cameras do wrt self-cleaning sensors?

Ed
Sharp11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 11:02 AM   #12
Biggins
Crotchety

Carmudgeonly Ride: 22 Tiguan, 11 328i
Sorry to bump a really old thread, but any suggestions for a weekend trip to this area? I bought tickets a few months ago for the July IMSA race. We did Watkins Glen a couple years ago and enjoyed it, so I thought Lime Rock could be cool too. All of the racing is only Saturday from what I understand...
Biggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 02:47 PM   #13
Sharp11
Vicarious Twitterer

Carmudgeonly Ride: 06 330 cic ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggins View Post
Sorry to bump a really old thread, but any suggestions for a weekend trip to this area? I bought tickets a few months ago for the July IMSA race. We did Watkins Glen a couple years ago and enjoyed it, so I thought Lime Rock could be cool too. All of the racing is only Saturday from what I understand...
Sundays there is no racing thanks to an old agreement between the track and the town. They usually stage a classic car show in its place - cars line the circumference of the track. Long weekends usually feature events on saturday and monday, with the preceding thursday and friday practice sessions (I shot those old pics in this thread during practice on a friday, I think).

It's an extraordinarily beautiful area with a lot that can be packed into a weekend, just pick your poison - you've got the Berkshires just to the north where the Norman Rockwell museum resides, plus July 4th weekend is when James Taylor traditionally performs outside at Tanglewood on the large park grounds.

To the west you have the Catskills with tons of stuff there as well - including the old Woodstock festival grounds and museum (in Bethel, NY) all within a day trip away.

If hiking is your thing, there are great trails locally.

Many people camp out at Lime Rock for the weekend - there are no grandstands, it's a true park and you can wander around the 1.6 mile course, have access to the pits, etc. It's a great place, you'll love it.
Sharp11 is offline   Reply With Quote