carmudgeons.com  

Go Back   carmudgeons.com > Automotive Forums > Car Talk

Old 10-19-2018, 02:59 PM   #51
kognito
older fart than ZBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumatt View Post
In the spirit of wanting to want vs actually wanting.

I've been driving the Colorado as a daily for several weeks now until I get the E46 brakes figured out. I've come to the conclusion that I quite enjoy driving the damn thing. It's heavy, it leans like crazy, it's steering is light, it's rough over bumps, and in corners the back jumps around violently if it's bumpy.

GM is notorious for setting air pressures for maximum carrying capacity on their trucks. How often are you driving with a FULL load?

On my GMC Sierra, factory says running 35 psi front and rear, but I rarely have any weight in the bed. My truck rides and handles so much better at 31-32 PSI. Every month. OnStar tells me my tires are too low, fuck OnStar I want a comfortable ride
Old 10-19-2018, 03:43 PM   #52
clyde
Chief title editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumatt View Post
In the spirit of wanting to want vs actually wanting.

I've been driving the Colorado as a daily for several weeks now until I get the E46 brakes figured out. I've come to the conclusion that I quite enjoy driving the damn thing. It's heavy, it leans like crazy, it's steering is light, it's rough over bumps, and in corners the back jumps around violently if it's bumpy.

But for whatever reason.. I look forward to driving it and it puts a smile on my face. Don't ask me to explain why, because I can't.

It just goes to show that reality can be very different from what the car mags tell us we should want.
There is nothing quite like the feeling of driving an unladen light 2WD pickup at high speed on a snow and slush packed frost heaved freeway in a strong variable-with-suddenness crosswinds in light snow with an empty windshield washer reservoir in the middle of the night.

I kind of enjoyed driving an old F250 around Lincoln last month. It's something different with its own benefits. Driving experience as we tend to think of it is not what it excels at, but it has its positive qualities for sure.

Team WTF?!
What are you gonna do?
clyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 10:01 PM   #53
John V
No more BMWs

Carmudgeonly Ride: Ram, MS3, CX-5, RX-8
I really enjoy driving the Ram. There is something really quite soothing about a big inline-6 diesel. And there's something to be said for having right-of-weight on the road.

It's down for maintenance right now (ball joints, converting the headlights to HIDs, and doing a valve adjustment) and I really miss driving it.
John V is offline   Reply With Quote