carmudgeons.com  

Go Back   carmudgeons.com > Automotive Forums > Keepin' it local

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2005, 10:34 PM   #11
FC
Solving problems
 
FC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Carmudgeonly Ride: '15 eGolf, '13 LR4, '11 Miata
Location: Greater Boston
Posts: 20,556
Quote:
Originally Posted by zcasavant
I have a whole bunch of tar and crap on my car...I'll clean it on saturday, but I doubt it'll get very clean.

I also have weird black spots on my wheels. Dunno if either of you guys have any idea how to get them off.
It's probably tar. That is what I get on mine. Bug and tar remover + good 'ol fingernails works for me.
FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 10:38 PM   #12
zach
swinging for the fences
 
zach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Carmudgeonly Ride: X5 50i, e36 M3
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 4,412
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbr129
Quote:
Originally Posted by zcasavant
I have a whole bunch of tar and crap on my car...I'll clean it on saturday, but I doubt it'll get very clean.

I also have weird black spots on my wheels. Dunno if either of you guys have any idea how to get them off.
It's probably tar. That is what I get on mine. Bug and tar remover + good 'ol fingernails works for me.
Ok, let's hope for some sort of non-rain (or snow) on Sunday. I'll bring the wheel cleaner, the Spinneybeck, and since I'm lacking cleaning supplies, the beer.

Let me know if anyone has any requests or demands.
zach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 11:20 PM   #13
lemming
Eastern Promises
 
lemming's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Carmudgeonly Ride: Blue Pig
Posts: 13,742
you two do realize it's to rain all weekend, right?
__________________


lemming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 08:50 AM   #14
FC
Solving problems
 
FC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Carmudgeonly Ride: '15 eGolf, '13 LR4, '11 Miata
Location: Greater Boston
Posts: 20,556
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemming
you two do realize it's to rain all weekend, right?
I just saw that this morning. Perhaps we ought to postpone. If the forecast does not change by Friday. It is going to rain hard on Saturday but they are only predicting showers for Sunday. There is hope. Let's give it a couple of days.
FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 07:44 PM   #15
lemming
Eastern Promises
 
lemming's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Carmudgeonly Ride: Blue Pig
Posts: 13,742
'kay.

if it's to clear up in the PM, then i'm all for waiting it out and doing in the afternoon on Sunday.
__________________


lemming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 11:49 AM   #16
FC
Solving problems
 
FC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Carmudgeonly Ride: '15 eGolf, '13 LR4, '11 Miata
Location: Greater Boston
Posts: 20,556
Well, guys, it seems like am showers. What do we do? Cancel or go for it?

It's your call. I rather not risk having to wait until 2pm to get started since we'd only have a few hours.

Maybe we are better off doing it some other time. Next weekend is bad for me, but the one after that seems good. Anyway, let me know.
FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 12:42 PM   #17
lemming
Eastern Promises
 
lemming's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Carmudgeonly Ride: Blue Pig
Posts: 13,742
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbr129
Well, guys, it seems like am showers. What do we do? Cancel or go for it?

It's your call. I rather not risk having to wait until 2pm to get started since we'd only have a few hours.

Maybe we are better off doing it some other time. Next weekend is bad for me, but the one after that seems good. Anyway, let me know.
let's pre-pone because this weather sucks.
__________________


lemming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 12:49 PM   #18
FC
Solving problems
 
FC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Carmudgeonly Ride: '15 eGolf, '13 LR4, '11 Miata
Location: Greater Boston
Posts: 20,556
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemming
let's pre-pone because this weather sucks.
Agreed.

Done. It's officially off for tomorrow.
FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 10:46 AM   #19
lemming
Eastern Promises
 
lemming's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Carmudgeonly Ride: Blue Pig
Posts: 13,742
what happened with the brake install?

did it go well?

sorry i missed it --had to work and do some alma mater related stuff.
__________________


lemming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 05:42 PM   #20
zach
swinging for the fences
 
zach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Carmudgeonly Ride: X5 50i, e36 M3
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 4,412
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemming
what happened with the brake install?

did it go well?

sorry i missed it --had to work and do some alma mater related stuff.
For those of you who aren't me, Fernando, or Lemming, I installed new rear calipers, rotors and pads this weekend at Fernando's house.

Only one trip to the dealership was required (for a sensor).

We encountered a problem in trying to remove the driver's side rear rotor but that was nothing a hammer couldn't solve. Incidentally, the E-brake now barely works. We must have screwed something up. Oops.

But the car goes and stops and I am no longer worried about starting a fire due to the heat caused by the seized caliper.

We took some pictures of the old parts. Hopefully, Fernando will post them at some point.
zach is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Forums 2003-2008, 'Mudgeon Enterprises - Site hosting by AYN & Associates, LLC