carmudgeons.com  

Go Back   carmudgeons.com > Automotive Forums > Keepin' it local

Old 08-11-2005, 03:30 PM   #1
ZBB
Relic

Carmudgeonly Ride: A very fast golf cart
Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance

Anyone else planning on going to this year's event? Its on Sun Aug 21...

We planned our vacation around the date -- we'll be driving over to Santa Barbara, then up the coast to Pebble (really looking forward to the drive along through Big Sur). A friend is meeting me at Pebble for the event, then we're going to go up to Napa and San Francisco for a couple days each before heading back to AZ.

Oh -- and I do plan to take lots of pics...
Old 08-11-2005, 03:55 PM   #2
lip277
The old cranky SOB....

Carmudgeonly Ride: several cars... way too many....
Sounds good.

I can't count the number of times I've driven through Big Sur. Going to school in SLO and being from Monterey/Salinas - I drove that route nearly every weekend for one reason or another (and then even if there was no 'reason'.... hehe)

Have fun at Pebble. Going to the events at Blackhawk and Quail? Any of the auctions? The Historic races at Laguna Seca? (The CCA's Festorics are there again I think) If there was one place and time to overdose on anything and everything automotive - this would be it...

If you have any questions on the locations or such - let me know. I've probably been to 7 or 8 Concours' and 10 to 12 races.... I don't even want to think about all the $$'s I've spent in tickets/shirts/programs/trinkets and the like.

Have fun.

1970 2800CS - - 2001 740iL - - 2006 997.1 - - 2012 Escalade
1968 Mustang GT Convertible - - 2003 Ford F250 PSD - - 1985 728i
lip277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 05:43 PM   #3
ZBB
Relic

Carmudgeonly Ride: A very fast golf cart
I'm actually just going to the main Coucours event on Sunday. Looking forward to it -- I've been once before, in '98 when I lived in San Jose. As for the other events, we have the mother of all auctions here in Phoenix every year (Barrett Jackson), so I don't feel I'm missing anything. I would have loved going to the Historic Races, but I am trying not to bore my wife with too many events.

I'm looking forward to the drive through Big Sur -- last time I was there was '83 (when the road washed-out), and I was just entering 6th grade, so I don't remember much. When I lived in San Jose, for some reason I never drove south of Carmel (but I did play golf at Poppy Hills, Laguna Seca, Pacific Grove and a few places up closer to Santa Cruz).

So you went to SLO? My freshman year of college was at UCSB (transferred to Arizona after CA raised out-of-state fees by like 60%)...