carmudgeons.com  

Go Back   carmudgeons.com > Automotive Forums > Keepin' it local

Old 10-31-2003, 02:11 PM   #11
scottn2retro
Realist

Carmudgeonly Ride: '04 Suburban
Re: If any Oregon Evolvers see this car . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptg95m3
The original owner is going to get a 350Z, which should be pretty competiitive in SCCA T2.
Should tell Alex to campaign the Z4 3.0 instead. Just buy one of the TC Kline racecars at the end of the season.
I think he looked at running a Z4 in Grand AM Cup (against TC Kline), but thought better of it. I'm not sure where a Z4 would get classed in SCCA amatuer racing, but unfortunately (fortunately for him, unfortunate for BMW race fans), he got a pretty good deal from Nissan to campaign the 350Z. He is still keeping some rare e36 M3 parts in anticipation of having another one some day.
Old 10-31-2003, 02:39 PM   #12
The HACK
Crotchety

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
The original owner is going to get a 350Z, which should be pretty competiitive in SCCA T2.
Should tell Alex to campaign the Z4 3.0 instead. Just buy one of the TC Kline racecars at the end of the season.
I think he looked at running a Z4 in Grand AM Cup (against TC Kline), but thought better of it. I'm not sure where a Z4 would get classed in SCCA amatuer racing, but unfortunately (fortunately for him, unfortunate for BMW race fans), he got a pretty good deal from Nissan to campaign the 350Z. He is still keeping some rare e36 M3 parts in anticipation of having another one some day.
T2.

Kline is already planning on campaigning a couple of Z4s with SWC next year. Turner better be on the look out, because these Z4s are a going to be very competitive against his E46es.

• SEMA 2004 • Leadership Matrix has been passed, Ricemus Prime Lives!!!
The HACK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 06:55 PM   #13
bren
lawn boy

Carmudgeonly Ride: e46m3, f25x3,C5 Z06, C4 Vette, 06 CTD Ram, and a trailer

Quote:
Kline is already planning on campaigning a couple of Z4s with SWC next year. Turner better be on the look out, because these Z4s are a going to be very competitive against his E46es.
I don't know if you get Autoweek, but there is an ad in the back in which Turner has his E46's up for sale.
bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 04:03 PM   #14
scottn2retro
Realist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bren
Quote:
I don't know if you get Autoweek, but there is an ad in the back in which Turner has his E46's up for sale.
Could just be the standard practice for them to sell the old cars and build new ones for the coming season. But could be due to a lot of factors - maybe there are a lot of changes coming from the SCCA, maybe they want to take a crack at GT, etc.
Old 11-03-2003, 11:22 PM   #15
The HACK
Crotchety

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bren
Quote:
Could just be the standard practice for them to sell the old cars and build new ones for the coming season. But could be due to a lot of factors - maybe there are a lot of changes coming from the SCCA, maybe they want to take a crack at GT, etc.
Well, reading Jim Osborn's comments on 'Fest, it sounds like there's going to be sweeping changes in Speed World Challenge next year regarding the BMWs. Something about hydraulic lifters are now outlawed, which Turner uses.

Would probably be easier if he just sells the race car and start from scratch I guess.

Old 11-04-2003, 04:39 PM   #16
Roadstergal
Butting in.

Quote:
T2.
That's where the 3.0 is. The 2.5 is, controversially and noisily and I think this year legally?, in SSB.
Old 11-06-2003, 05:56 PM   #17
scottn2retro
Realist

Quote:
From a well placed phone call aranoid: I hear that TC Kline is still going to run Grand Am Cup, but if they were to get the backing and run in Speed World Challenge, the Z4s would run in GT, but my source thinks they could be very competitive with Team PTG.

My source also said he would put his money on seeing a 6 series with a V8 in LeMans as opposed to a 6 cyl. M3 (PTG to bring out the big guy?)
Old 11-07-2003, 09:15 PM   #18
The HACK
Crotchety

Quote:
My source also said he would put his money on seeing a 6 series with a V8 in LeMans as opposed to a 6 cyl. M3 (PTG to bring out the big guy?)
Interesting. That means they're positioning the M6 to compete both in racing AND on the sales front with ferraris, porkchops, and bently coupes.

Pricing will likely be in the 120K-150K range then.

Old 11-10-2003, 02:55 PM   #19
scottn2retro
Realist

Quote:
Quote:
Interesting. That means they're positioning the M6 to compete both in racing AND on the sales front with ferraris, porkchops, and bently coupes.

Pricing will likely be in the 120K-150K range then.
Since I hear PTG is not really happy in Speed WC (and that the feeling is mutual - they don't necessarily want them there) - it would be interesting to see PTG use the 6 series to see if they could put a competitive car against the Jaguar XKRs in Trans Am. If PTG leaves Speed WC, they'll run something somewhere. ALMS is probably the most logical choice, but I think PTG likes to win and they're not in the business of fielding cars to go out and do laps for the heck of it. I'm sure they'd look at all their options to see where they could run up front.