carmudgeons.com  

Go Back   carmudgeons.com > Automotive Forums > Car Talk > Perseverators Anonymous

Old 06-20-2016, 06:43 PM   #111
clyde
Chief title editor

I drove a sixth gen Camaro SS on Friday. It was a slushie. Not sure how it was optioned otherwise, but I think it's optioned as one would if purchasing it for autocross. Except for the transmission.

Not sure if the exhaust has been swapped yet or if sounds that good naturally because it fucking sounded fucking awesome. Also not sure what other mods.

I didn't get to find out too much about how it drove since it was in a place where I needed to not piss off locals and, more importantly, had a cop following me almost the entire time...including a U-turn. Traffic was also kinda heavy.

I didn't like the way the center display stack was angled kind of downward. Base seats were comfy and supportive in a cruising scenario, but I have no idea if they would likely be good or bad in a sporting capacity. Back seats did not look comfy. Interior didn't look huh rent, but didn't feel awful. I think it could be a live able space for regular driving. Visibility out felt a little restricted.

Yeah, this review sucks, but it fucking sounded fucking awesome. That would make up for a whole lot of shortcomings.

Team WTF?!
What are you gonna do?
clyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 06:46 PM   #112
clyde
Chief title editor

Getting more and more bored with the ST and thinking more about what's next, but still not coming up with a whole lot. Mustang GT or 350. Chevy SS. My little experience with the Camaro makes me more inclined to look more closely. The Focus RS is a little more tempting except that I don't really want it to be. I've been saying for 15 years or more that my next car will be RWD and have torque. It still hasn't happened.

Team WTF?!
What are you gonna do?
clyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 07:08 PM   #113
ZBB
Relic

Carmudgeonly Ride: A very fast golf cart
How did I miss the Holden pics?

That does look so much better than the bow tie...
Old 06-20-2016, 07:13 PM   #114
bren
lawn boy

Carmudgeonly Ride: e46m3, f25x3,C5 Z06, C4 Vette, 06 CTD Ram, and a trailer
There's (still) a previous gen z28 on my commute that really needs someone to buy it.
bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 08:46 PM   #115
Biggins
Crotchety

Carmudgeonly Ride: 22 Tiguan, 11 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by bren View Post
There's (still) a previous gen z28 on my commute that really needs someone to buy it.
You need a new car?

I sat in Danny's new Camaro and actually liked it, but I thought the blind spots were extremely bad. That Holden-badged SS looks awesome!
Biggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 08:58 PM   #116
John V
No more BMWs

Carmudgeonly Ride: Ram, MS3, CX-5, RX-8
I have no reason to want a gen 6 camaro. But I want a gen 6 camaro.
John V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 11:56 PM   #117
equ
Alphanumeric

Carmudgeonly Ride: 981S, 340i
While the gt350 howling sound, form factor, revving etc, are very attractive to me, I'm definitely not in the market for it, even at MSRP. I do think it's a lot of car at MSRP, but it's too much for the street. I have nothing to do with 500hp, it'll be another exercise in frustration like the gt4.
equ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 11:09 AM   #118
Plaz
•••••••

Carmudgeonly Ride: '11 1M
Quote:
Originally Posted by clyde View Post
had a cop following me almost the entire time...including a U-turn.
I get the feeling that's probably a feature that comes along with most cars that fucking sound fucking awesome.
Old 06-21-2016, 11:49 AM   #119
blee
Doctor Mudgeon

The new Camaro, while certainly not cheap, falls into the "well, it's not *ridiculously* priced..." category for me. Not something I would buy today, but only because I want the cash for other things.

But yes, it does fucking sound fucking awesome.
blee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 05:34 PM   #120
Alan
Carmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by clyde View Post
Getting more and more bored with the ST and thinking more about what's next, but still not coming up with a whole lot. Mustang GT or 350. Chevy SS. My little experience with the Camaro makes me more inclined to look more closely. The Focus RS is a little more tempting except that I don't really want it to be. I've been saying for 15 years or more that my next car will be RWD and have torque. It still hasn't happened.
I like your choices ... I think you'll be in love with a new Mustang or Camaro ... while the focus is a really cool car the feeling of the muscle cars plus their beautiful looks makes them really special.

When is the last time you parked your car and took a look back at it ... with the Mustang or Camaro it will be every time !!
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote