carmudgeons.com  

Go Back   carmudgeons.com > Automotive Forums > Car Talk > Perseverators Anonymous

Old 02-25-2019, 02:27 PM   #2011
Theo
Crazy Old Man

Carmudgeonly Ride: M2C Stick
Quote:
Originally Posted by JST View Post
TD, here's your chance--8K mile 2004 R32.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...swagen-r32-21/
Holy CRACK PIPE. $31k already.
Old 02-25-2019, 05:00 PM   #2012
kognito
older fart than ZBB

My neighbor, who works for BMW pointed this one out to me yesterday. https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...m-roadster-32/

I'm guessing reserve will not be met, it is listed for almost 25K on the sellers website. He also chucked at data in the listing, as he says they built over 50 Dakar M roadsters. (maybe the seller is referring to the included hardtop?)

Oh, and he brought an X7 home for the weekend. He wouldn't let me take any pictures. I told him they have already had media events, but he wouldn't budge. Wouldn't let me drive it either.

I saw one of the media events on CNBC about 2 weeks ago, and thought to myself it is uglier in person than it was on my TV.

He took me for about a one mile drive, which was just about meaningless since I couldn't drive it
Old 02-25-2019, 05:02 PM   #2013
JST

Quote:
Originally Posted by kognito View Post
My neighbor, who works for BMW pointed this one out to me yesterday. https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...m-roadster-32/

I'm guessing reserve will not be met, it is listed for almost 25K on the sellers website. He also chucked at data in the listing, as he says they built over 50 Dakar M roadsters. (maybe the seller is referring to the included hardtop?)

Oh, and he brought an X7 home for the weekend. He wouldn't let me take any pictures. I told him they have already had media events, but he wouldn't budge. Wouldn't let me drive it either.

I saw one of the media events on CNBC about 2 weeks ago, and thought to myself it is uglier in person than it was on my TV.

He took me for about a one mile drive, which was just about meaningless since I couldn't drive it
That's kind of silly. They had them at CES in January and if they weren't letting people drive them they were definitely giving people rides on an "off road" course.
JST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 06:13 PM   #2014
kognito
older fart than ZBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by JST View Post
That's kind of silly. They had them at CES in January and if they weren't letting people drive them they were definitely giving people rides on an "off road" course.
very silly. left me wondering if he really had permission to take it home for the weekend or not.
Old 02-26-2019, 05:07 PM   #2015
clyde
Chief title editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by clyde View Post
Gavelled at $200k!! :yoink:

Two hundred thousand American dollareros!!!
And now a 26 mile regular Grand National T-Type with three days to go is at $79,999 12 bids in.

Wow.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...d-national-17/

Team WTF?!
What are you gonna do?
clyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 10:34 PM   #2016
blee
Doctor Mudgeon

(Hi everyone!) Hey, you know how we always talk about M5 Tourings and how we'd buy one yesterday?

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...ng-conversion/

If you want one, you want this one.
blee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 11:39 PM   #2017
JST

Quote:
Originally Posted by blee View Post
(Hi everyone!) Hey, you know how we always talk about M5 Tourings and how we'd buy one yesterday?

Already 11K. Someone came out of the box hungry.

These conversions are weird to value. That M7 went for less than I expected (though still strong money). I think a couple of other "M5 Tourings" went in the 20s, though that was some time ago and their presentation wasn't what this one is. The nutso LSX 540 wagon went for low 30s, IIRC.

"Normal" M5s are clustered in the 20-25 range unless they are very low mile, which this one isn't. Nor is it really an M5. So how much is the unicorn bodystyle worth?

The rational side of me says it's "worth" about 30, but it all depends on whether there are two people who want one. Because really, there's only one.
JST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 09:33 AM   #2018
kognito
older fart than ZBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by lip277 View Post
I should go up to Vancouver to see this car....

It's Fjord.... mine's Baikal...
It's an auto... mine's a manual
It's a 1973.... mine's a 1970....
But it is nice. But not TOO nice.
This is the car that I (kind of had) before I had to go into the engine - Going into the engine and some of the other mechanical work that started the slippery slope I am on... lol - oh well. Will be interesting to see what it brings. BAT tax and all.

This one is in generally better shape than mine was. Some details are lacking - but the bones are really there for a wonderful car should there be the desire to take it to the next level (and for a whole lot less effort than mine is getting - lol)

I might have to let a friend of mine know about this. A BMW friend who lives in Vancouver. He as an M1. Yes, a REAL M1. I don't have the time right now to do a road trip - but it would be interesting to get his thoughts on the car- but that is pushing it too with my friends usually busy schedule....

Sold @ 72.5K

I hope you are documenting your restore
Old 03-01-2019, 10:16 AM   #2019
Josh (PA)
Hello.

Carmudgeonly Ride: '09 X3, '11 328xiT, '11 135i C, '17 c2, '19 X5
Quote:
Originally Posted by blee View Post

OH MY GOODNESS. That might be the most perfect car I've ever seen.

Anyone have any idea what it might go for?
'11 135i Convertible
'11 328xiT
'09 X3
Josh (PA) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 10:42 AM   #2020
nate
Oh, are they?

Carmudgeonly Ride: S4
Quote:
Originally Posted by clyde View Post
Gavelled at $200k!! :yoink:

Two hundred thousand American dollareros!!!
Yes, yikes.

And it didn't beat the S&P500