carmudgeons.com  

Go Back   carmudgeons.com > Automotive Forums > Car Talk > Perseverators Anonymous

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2020, 11:00 PM   #21
equ
Alphanumeric
 
equ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Carmudgeonly Ride: 981S, 340i
Posts: 8,593
As someone who's had Audis for twenty years, I have trouble imagining a better car for upstate NY, but I guess your kids have specific tastes. I wouldn't go from my 340 to an a4 either...
equ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 11:29 PM   #22
Alan
What ev's
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 3,009
Quote:
Originally Posted by equ View Post
As someone who's had Audis for twenty years, I have trouble imagining a better car for upstate NY, but I guess your kids have specific tastes. I wouldn't go from my 340 to an a4 either...
I agree Audis are awesome, I think my rant got things confusing, my daughter who goes to school upstate has her A4 which is being replaced with a Q5 so she is still keeping in the Audi family.

My son who has the 2017 340 has his heart set on the new 340, my deal with him is he is turning 22 so he needs to now pay for his own car, I will help him out a bit on it but I told him if he buys out the A4 Ill give him 20k towards it and let him pay off the balance.
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 08:40 AM   #23
kognito
older fart than ZBB
 
kognito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: On the road again
Posts: 7,953
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
My son who has the 2017 340 has his heart set on the new 340, my deal with him is he is turning 22 so he needs to now pay for his own car, I will help him out a bit on it but I told him if he buys out the A4 Ill give him 20k towards it and let him pay off the balance.
He may refuse this, and later in life will want to put himself on an asskicking machine for not doing it.

My mother bought one of the first Honda Accords sold in NJ. A few months later Dow gave her a company car with expense account for fuel. She offered the Accord to me and I turned her down. I ended up selling it for her for 2K more than she paid for it. (these first Accords were only made in Japan, and many more people here in the USA wanted the few that were available) Defiantly one of the most stupid moves I made in the 80's
__________________
2017 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE
2016 Focus SE
kognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 11:32 AM   #24
Alan
What ev's
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 3,009
Quote:
Originally Posted by kognito View Post
He may refuse this, and later in life will want to put himself on an asskicking machine for not doing it.

My mother bought one of the first Honda Accords sold in NJ. A few months later Dow gave her a company car with expense account for fuel. She offered the Accord to me and I turned her down. I ended up selling it for her for 2K more than she paid for it. (these first Accords were only made in Japan, and many more people here in the USA wanted the few that were available) Defiantly one of the most stupid moves I made in the 80's
I did something similar when I was 19, my father offered to by me a New Honda Prelude and he would continue to cover my insurance, I insisted on a Trans am, he said if you want a Trans am you’re completely on your own ... while it was an expensive decision, I worked my ass off and paid off the car in less then 2 years.

I remember paying over $6k just for the insurance.
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 03:02 PM   #25
robg
Carmudgeon
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,537
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
I did something similar when I was 19, my father offered to by me a New Honda Prelude and he would continue to cover my insurance, I insisted on a Trans am, he said if you want a Trans am you’re completely on your own ... while it was an expensive decision, I worked my ass off and paid off the car in less then 2 years.

I remember paying over $6k just for the insurance.
Loved those 2nd gen preludes. Remembering being so jealous of a friend who had a black Si version. Its funny- I see other 80s cars driving around, but rarely preludes.
robg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 05:45 PM   #26
Alan
What ev's
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 3,009
We took delivery of Stubby today ... I have to say it is a really beautiful truck and my Daughter is really happy !!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1879.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	1.03 MB
ID:	12676  
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 05:53 PM   #27
wdc330i
dogged
 
wdc330i's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Carmudgeonly Ride: '17 M240i
Posts: 8,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
We took delivery of Stubby today ... I have to say it is a really beautiful truck and my Daughter is really happy !!
Congrats! Looks like a really safe vehicle to wrap her in. I hope she enjoys it.
wdc330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 07:24 AM   #28
Plaz
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Carmudgeonly Ride: '11 1M; '08 MCS; '02 325iT
Location: Churzee
Posts: 17,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
We took delivery of Stubby today ... I have to say it is a really beautiful truck and my Daughter is really happy !!
Congrats!
__________________
2011 1M
Plaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 08:15 AM   #29
equ
Alphanumeric
 
equ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Carmudgeonly Ride: 981S, 340i
Posts: 8,593
Congrats, lucky girl!
equ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 10:17 AM   #30
kognito
older fart than ZBB
 
kognito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: On the road again
Posts: 7,953
Looks nice! Congrats!
__________________
2017 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE
2016 Focus SE
kognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Forums 2003-2008, 'Mudgeon Enterprises - Site hosting by AYN & Associates, LLC