carmudgeons.com  

Go Back   carmudgeons.com > Automotive Forums > Car Talk > Perseverators Anonymous

Old 12-07-2016, 10:50 AM   #11
bren
lawn boy

Carmudgeonly Ride: e46m3, f25x3,C5 Z06, C4 Vette, 06 CTD Ram, and a trailer
Quote:
Originally Posted by zach View Post
I'm fine with the color combo. I've actually never seen the mocha leather in person, but it'll probably be fine. Black Sapphire isn't as good as Carbon Black but it'll do.
We're on our second Black Sapphire, it's way better, what are you talking about. It's actually black instead of purpley-blue like Carbon.

Quote:
Thanks for the offer! I'm waiting to hear back from the dealership regarding the availability of the cars, but I might just take you up on that.
I made the mistake of asking what he was doing today - which means he'll probably go over there shortly now anyway. Ah to be retired.
bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 10:58 AM   #12
wdc330i
dogged

Carmudgeonly Ride: '22 M440 xDrive GC
Quote:
Originally Posted by bren View Post
I made the mistake of asking what he was doing today - which means he'll probably go over there shortly now anyway. Ah to be retired.
Cute.
wdc330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 10:58 AM   #13
zach
swinging for the fences

Carmudgeonly Ride: 987, X7 M60i, e36 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bren View Post
We're on our second Black Sapphire, it's way better, what are you talking about. It's actually black instead of purpley-blue like Carbon.

I like the purpley-blue!! Not sure how much I'll like the mocha though...

Dude, if he feels like going to check them out, I'm obviously interested in his feedback!
zach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 10:59 AM   #14
wdc330i
dogged

Quote:
I like the purpley-blue!! Not sure how much I'll like the mocha though...

Dude, if he feels like going to check them out, I'm obviously interested in his feedback!
I find the Mocha too dark. (I prefer Saddle Brown.) But with a little one, Mocha will hide more sins.
Old 12-07-2016, 11:03 AM   #15
zach
swinging for the fences

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdc330i View Post
I find the Mocha too dark. (I prefer Saddle Brown.) But with a little one, Mocha will hide more sins.
Ah, I like the dark, so that's encouraging. Yes, our 17 month old makes a ridiculous mess.
Old 12-07-2016, 11:15 AM   #16
SARAFIL
I like BMWs

Carmudgeonly Ride: X5 M50 / M550
Zach, regarding registration- you are or are not trading in? If you do trade (or sell privately or CarMax or whatever, as long as its before you buy the new car) - you can bolt on the plates to drive home as they eligible to transfer provided the name on the plates doesn't change. It's really only tricky if a true "new" purchase and not replacing, or if you keep the old car or are going lease vs. own.
Old 12-07-2016, 11:19 AM   #17
zach
swinging for the fences

Quote:
Originally Posted by SARAFIL View Post
Zach, regarding registration- you are or are not trading in? If you do trade (or sell privately or CarMax or whatever, as long as its before you buy the new car) - you can bolt on the plates to drive home as they eligible to transfer provided the name on the plates doesn't change. It's really only tricky if a true "new" purchase and not replacing, or if you keep the old car or are going lease vs. own.
I'm trading in unless they're asses about $ (which is obviously a possibility). Is BMW still subsidizing trades with Takata airbags?

This is very good to know. So I just insure the thing and drive it back to Boston and then register it?
Old 12-07-2016, 11:28 AM   #18
wdc330i
dogged

Quote:
Is BMW still subsidizing trades with Takata airbags?
I've been wondering about this, too. The Bimmerfest thread on the subject seems to have died out.
Old 12-07-2016, 11:42 AM   #19
wdc330i
dogged

Quote:
I'm trading in unless they're asses about $ (which is obviously a possibility). Is BMW still subsidizing trades with Takata airbags?

This is very good to know. So I just insure the thing and drive it back to Boston and then register it?
Maybe you can use this as bargaining on the purchase, although it may bite you on the trade-in side.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=954389
Old 12-07-2016, 11:50 AM   #20
bren
lawn boy

Carmudgeonly Ride: e46m3, f25x3,C5 Z06, C4 Vette, 06 CTD Ram, and a trailer
Quote:
Did you get a hold of a salesman? Is there anything specific you want to know? I didn't ask him to definitely go over there, but he is going to be out and it's not too far out of his way. PM me your number if you want me to have him call you or send pics or something.
bren is offline   Reply With Quote