carmudgeons.com  

Go Back   carmudgeons.com > Automotive Forums > Car Talk > Perseverators Anonymous

Old 12-14-2016, 12:05 PM   #11
bren
lawn boy

Carmudgeonly Ride: e46m3, f25x3,C5 Z06, C4 Vette, 06 CTD Ram, and a trailer
Quote:
Originally Posted by JST View Post
Agreed on the Toyota, but anyone who comes to me a) thinking that they want a Toyota, and b) caring mostly about reliability, my answer is *always* "buy the Toyota." It has nothing to do with whether the Toyota is actually reliable--it has to do with whether I want to shoulder any responsibility for suggesting anything else.

No one ever got fired for buying IBM.

Lou, buy the Toyota.
Yep, buy the Toyota. Then when something prematurely fails (like a water pump) you can tell yourself that it's an anomaly.
bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 12:25 PM   #12
Jeff_DML
Old Fart

Carmudgeonly Ride: T4R,GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by bren View Post
Yep, buy the Toyota. Then when something prematurely fails (like a water pump) you can tell yourself that it's an anomaly.
yes that did piss me off but at least it does not need a valve adjustment in 14k miles
Jeff_DML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 05:34 PM   #13
Alan
Carmudgeon

Maybe it's me but I look at the Mazda CX-9 more as a competitor to the MDX. Maybe I'm wrong but I know when we were shopping for a new SUV I considered the Mazda in that league and would have checked it out except for the fact that the local dealer had only one in stock and I really like a choice when buying a new car and didn't want to be limited to the one car they had in stock.
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote