carmudgeons.com  

Go Back   carmudgeons.com > Automotive Forums > Car Talk > Perseverators Anonymous

Old 09-10-2017, 12:59 PM   #11
Plaz
•••••••

Carmudgeonly Ride: '11 1M
Quote:
Originally Posted by JST View Post
I think you have to drive one. For me, it'd take a lot of work to buy a 15 mpg daily driver that only had a V6. Im not the most climate conscious person out there, but for that kind of (lack of) efficiency Id want something very fast.
I've only been averaging marginally better than that this summer. About 17.5. I think my foot has been a little heavier lately.
Old 09-10-2017, 02:08 PM   #12
robg
Carmudgeon

Range Rover sport?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AF View Post
This was my thoughts on those 2 which is in another thread here ... not much of a write up but I do remember we really liked the Range Rover. At the time the lease was $999 a month which was a little more then we were paying for the GL450 and the msrp was quite a bit less.

I have a couple of friends with the RRS and they love it. Go test drive one, I'm not sure what you consider a good deal on one of these but I felt the lease was too high for the MSRP.

Btw I should mention one of my friends is a car guy and had back when they were new a 997.2 cab so I can relate to his opinion of cars.

Yeah - my friend asked that I not disclose what the lease terms would be but we are talking roughly what a loaded 3 series wagon or 340 might go for (for a car that stickers in the high 70s). Normally, yes, Land Rover leases are terrible. So it's almost worth doing just for the hell of trying something I wouldn't normally try. Still, id probably prefer something like an a6 3.0 or e400 wagon but those would be way more in this case. (Or any SRT engined fca product

Regarding the 15mpg observed in that C&D test, it looks like that example was very loaded (based on msrp). My guess is that it included the 2 speed transfer case (extra duty package). Also included the 3rd row. So it was heavier than how most of the v6 models are equipped. Most tests seem to put them at around 17-19 combined

In terms of interior space, it actually looks like the f-pace is slightly more roomy (other than width). I guess the lower roofline of the fpace makes it feel much smaller. And yes, the v6 engine is the same one as is the nav system. If I could get an fpace for the same msrp/lease ratio I'd jump all over it.

I definitely need to test drive one though. You drove a v6 model? I assume your car guy friend has the v8 version (which is awesome no doubt)

Last edited by robg; 09-10-2017 at 02:46 PM.
robg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 11:20 PM   #13
clyde
Chief title editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AF View Post
Btw I should mention one of my friends is a car guy and had back when they were new a 997.2 cab so I can relate to his opinion of cars.
Is his name Brad and is he rich?

Team WTF?!
What are you gonna do?
clyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 01:29 PM   #14
Alan
Carmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by clyde View Post
Is his name Brad and is he rich?

The answer to your question's are no and yes
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote