carmudgeons.com  

Go Back   carmudgeons.com > Automotive Forums > Car Talk > Perseverators Anonymous

Old 09-03-2018, 11:29 AM   #581
Plaz
•••••••

Carmudgeonly Ride: '11 1M
Quote:
Originally Posted by John V View Post
He wouldn't have enough charge to drive out of said desert anyway

Old 09-03-2018, 02:19 PM   #582
robg
Carmudgeon

So there’s no one higher up you can escalate too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
robg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 02:28 PM   #583
Alan
Carmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBB View Post
Tesla has been fantastic to work with prior to now. This is showing their growing pains… I'm just frustrated since he's not communicating well -- he stated on Monday that they were finalizing the paperwork, taking off the trade of the S, and checking on how long it would take to get to the delivery center from Wednesday (expected day in OH). I asked 2x this week for updates with no response. Its the lack of communication and going silent that is frustrating. I was expecting delivery around October or so -- so this still should be faster.

I am a bit concerned that the car was damaged and they don't want to tell me. I'm definitely going to check it closely, and I have the TMC checklist someone posted. If I find damage, I won't hesitate to refuse delivery and ask for another VIN. One of the early S owners on TMC posted that he took delivery last week -- and spent an hour looking over the car (he accepted, but found a small paint chip on the hood - leading edge, so not visible when closed and Tesla will fix)...

Anyway -- when I walked around their lot yesterday, I had a couple observations.
- The red with 19" wheels looks fantastic. I'm glad I saw the clone of my car -- its the right combo for me. There was a blue and dark gray with the 19's (one may have been the 20's -- there was one P+ there also) -- both looked great.

- I'm glad I didn't order the white interior. This was the first time I saw it. I like the look of the white seats -- its the white panel on the dash that I really don't like.

That is cool you saw your twin car, You’re going to love it when you get it, I wouldn’t go too crazy over little issues like a chip in the paint, no car is perfect even when new and the little things like a paint chip might seem big at delivery but are nothing being the car is going to get these chips anyway.

The coolest part of you guys all getting these new Tesla’s is they are still very rare cars and completely futuristic.

I know when I see the new 3 I stare at it just trying to look it over ... you’d think I was looking at a Ferrari .
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 02:45 PM   #584
rumatt
Mugwump

Carmudgeonly Ride: E46 330i, Chevy Colorado, Tesla Model 3
JST, will the compact spare fit in the frunk?
rumatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 02:52 PM   #585
JST

No, I’m sure it won’t. Will have to go in the main trunk. Not sure I’ll carry it around or not, but wanted to have a spare wheel on hand just in case.
JST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 05:48 PM   #586
ZBB
Relic

Carmudgeonly Ride: A very fast golf cart
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBB View Post
I just posted this over at TMC -- copying here for future reference. This is the timeline so far:
  • 3/31/16 Reservation (in store)
  • 7/29/18 Placed order (Dual Motor, Red, 19" sport wheels, Black Interior, Enhanced Autopilot)
  • 8/14/18 Assigned a VIN (IDA left voicemail & email on 8/13 and I spoke with him on 8/14). VIN is 655XX
  • 8/16/18 Trade in offer received on my Model S
  • 8/19/18 Received CarMax offer $3.3k better than Tesla (~double the sales tax savings from trading…). Emailed the IDA asking if Tesla would match the CarMax offer (it was worth a shot…)
  • 8/22/18 Voicemail from IDA stating that Tesla won't match; I emailed him back saying I'd sell the car separately and not trade it. Asked to confirm delivery date.
  • 8/23/18 Emailed IDA asking for an update / confirm delivery date
  • 8/26/18 Received cryptic email from IDA about expediting from trade in to a "Final Offer" so he could finish paperwork (this is 4 days after I stated I would not trade the S; this was also the start of the original estimated delivery window…) I emailed back asking if Tesla will now match the CarMax offer (again, worth a shot) -- but said if not, I would not trade the S...
  • 8/27/18 Received email from IDA confirming they won't match the CarMax offer -- but no mention of the 3 delivery. I responded by email stating I would not trade the S and asked for an update on delivery timing. He called me a few minutes later to state that the car was now scheduled to arrive on 8/29, but he needed to check on when it could be delivered before confirming. He also said he was finalizing paperwork "today" (this was Monday).
  • 8/30/18 Emailed IDA asking for an update on scheduling delivery. No response
  • 8/31/18 Stopped by local deliver/service center just to see if the car happened to be there. For a second, I thought it was -- looked like what I ordered (Red, 19", black interior, and the VIN started with 655), but it was 75 VINs below mine… The staff at the store was not able to look much up besides seeing my Reservation number -- she said they don't see anything more until delivery is scheduled…

So… I have not heard from him since Monday. I've been given 2 dates when it was supposed to arrive here, but do not have a delivery scheduled. No MVPA. Nothing updated on My Tesla (still shows the trade quote for the S, and an expected delivery of Oct to Dec).

We'll see what happens this week…

Acronym Glossary:
IDA = "Inside Delivery Advisor" -- aka the "guy in Vegas"
MVPA = "Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement" -- has the final price and amount due for the car...
Got a call from the IDA mid-day today…

He apologized for not following up -- said he was out for a few days due to a family emergency, then the long weekend.

I now have a 3rd date that the car will arrive here -- now Thurs Sept 6. I asked if that was really the case, since it was the 3rd date I'd been given. He did see that it had changed a couple times, and he was checking with logistics to see if it really will be here on Thurs.

Tentative delivery is Sat the 8th. Anyone want to guess on the odds?

I plan on giving it a very close inspection -- I am concerned that it needed paint work or glass replaced prior to delivery...
Old 09-04-2018, 06:13 PM   #587
rumatt
Mugwump

Well at least it's progress.

My money is on Saturday at the earliest.
Old 09-04-2018, 06:36 PM   #588
JST

Got a call from IDA today. I got a VIN via email. Delivery is scheduled for September 29.

A fair bit faster than I expected!
JST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 07:09 PM   #589
rumatt
Mugwump

Wowzers.

I keep changing my options hoping to get pushed past the end of quarter rush.

So far it still says end of Sept
Old 09-04-2018, 07:38 PM   #590
ZBB
Relic

Carmudgeonly Ride: A very fast golf cart
Congrats JST... what is the VIN range?

Another note of progress... the My Tesla site now has me confirming things like the registration address, insurance, drivers licens (I input this weeks ago - but it’s now asking to confirm each one). MVPA must be getting close.

But the delivery estimate still says Oct to Dec...