carmudgeons.com  

Go Back   carmudgeons.com > Automotive Forums > Car Talk > Perseverators Anonymous

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-19-2018, 09:15 PM   #10
ZBB
Relic

Carmudgeonly Ride: A very fast golf cart
Here’s how my delivery experience went. It was fantastic and took all of 15 min.

I arrived and my 3 and another were in the delivery bays. One of the delivery guys gives me the walk around and overview of the car — how to plug it in, use the center screen, pair my phone to the car as a key, etc. He asked if I had any questions and I let him know I owned a Model S for over 5 years, so I’d didn’t have many, but we then went through the few I had. They then gave me time to walk around and inspect the car. While inspecting, another person came out to go through the final paperwork - on the counter in the delivery bay (not some “finance manager’s” office). I pointed out the paint defect, and he took a picture of it and noted it on the delivery doc. I then signed the minimal amount of things (final sales contract, temp registration and POA authorizing them to title and register the car.). Final step was to sign into my Tesla account on their Mac so I could do the ACH to pay for the car. Done.

The Model S was different. It was already paid for before Tesla shipped it. UPS delivered to my house a few days later.