carmudgeons.com  

Go Back   carmudgeons.com > Automotive Forums > Car Talk > Perseverators Anonymous

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-17-2020, 05:33 PM   #1
Josh (PA)
Hello.

Carmudgeonly Ride: '09 X3, '11 328xiT, '11 135i C, '17 c2, '19 X5
I want this..

We're a year away from replacing the x5, but my wife and I started talking about what she'd want over the weekend so I've been obsessively car shopping ever since. For reference, the x5 is a 2011 and this weekend crossed 150k. It's been great and done exactly what we needed it to. My wife expects to keep it another 12-15 months and would love to hit 200k in it. She's right, of course, but it hasn't stopped me from FC'ing my future.

I found this today and *really* like it. I sent it to my wife and she said "a year too soon".... we'll just see about that... :
https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ckType=listing

The selling dealer actually bought it on BAT for $56k in September.
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...-e63s-wagon-8/
I would have liked it even more at that price and in Pawlings, where I could have driven up to check it out.

Anyway, that is a round about way of asking if anyone has any first hand/second hand knowledge of MB products, any good reference sites on E class wagons, the differences among generations, major issues, etc. What are the good MB message boards so I can learn some more about what to look for and what to avoid.

I'd love to get one last big v8 wagon before they're dead and gone.
'11 135i Convertible
'11 328xiT
'09 X3

Last edited by Josh (PA); 11-18-2020 at 07:51 AM.
Josh (PA) is offline   Reply With Quote